Teach A Man To Fish Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher School Enterprise Challenge Ambassadors
Job Title: School Enterprise Challenge Ambassadors – Teach A Man To Fish Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Teach A Man To Fish Uganda
Project Name: School Enterprise Challenge (SEC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Teach A Man To Fish Uganda Profile
Teach A Man To Fish is guided by a simple, all-encompassing mission: to empower young people with the skills they need to succeed, in school, work, and life. Through our flagship programme, the School Enterprise Challenge, we work with schools to set up school businesses which are both educational and profitable. Students are guided step-by-step to “learn by doing” as they plan and set up a real business. We equip teachers with skills and resources to help their students gain practical business experience and to develop essential life skills such as teamwork, leadership, communication and problem-solving through their School Business. At the same time, schools benefit from additional income and the businesses become sustainable in the long term.
About School Enterprise Challenge (SEC)
The School Enterprise Challenge Awards programme is Teach A Man To Fish’s international Awards programme for schools around the world. This Awards programme guides and supports teachers and students to plan and set up real school businesses. Divided into Bronze, Silver and Gold levels, the progressive Awards framework enables schools to build on their achievements and adopt ‘best practices’ to increase the impact of their work as they advance in successive years through the levels.
Why School Enterprise Challenge (SEC) Ambassadors?
- Recognising the core challenge of School Enterprise Challenge being the scalability and sustainability and the programme being entirely reliant on donor funding thus limiting the ability to reach and sustain support to schools for over 3-4 years.
- Therefore, as part of developing a 5-year organizational strategy, Teach A Man to Fish sought a social enterprise solution to enable scaling. Teach A Man to Fish has introduced a fee-paying model for School Enterprise Challenge under which participating schools will be asked to pay a fee in return for the training, resources and support provided under the School Enterprise Challenge Awards programme. This model will enable Teach A Man To
- Fish to reach a greater number of schools sustainably, ensuring thousands of young people have the opportunity to benefit from the programme.
Who is the School Enterprise Challenge (SEC) Ambassador?
The School Enterprise Challenge Ambassadors will lead on marketing in primary and secondary schools, both Government aided and privately owned. The Ambassadors;
- Have a strong understanding of Uganda’s education system.
- Are enterprising individuals the ability to passionately sell this idea to a wide range of school and influence them to subscribe for the program.
- Have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at generating leads, building relationships, and closing deals.
- Are quick learners with strong negotiating skills, and the ability to showcase our SEC programme in a compelling way.
- Are often tasked with giving presentations, attending networking events, and attending trade shows, it’s essential that our ambassador be personable and professional.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Objectives of the role
- Represent Teach A Man To Fish’s School Enterprise Challenge Programme (SEC), starting with a deep and comprehensive understanding and following with schools research to identify how our programme meets the needs of schools, students and other education stakeholders.
- Meet weekly, monthly, and annual schools’ subscription targets through the successful implementation of sales and marketing strategies and tactics
- Generate leads and build relationships planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential schools
- Develop and implement a plan through comprehensive data analysis, and adjust marketing techniques based on interactions and results in the field
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Maintain working relationships with existing schools to ensure exceptional service and identification of potential new schools.
- Identify appropriate prospects, set appointments, make effective qualifying sales calls, and manage sales cycle to bring onboard new schools
- Prepare professional, complete, concise and accurate presentations, and other documentation
- Achieve sales goals by assessing current school needs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, and organizational skills
- Personal integrity
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time to schools and other related events
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to balance persuasion with professionalism
- Strong organizational skills
This is an exciting role, where ambassadors will earn upto UGX 600,000 for every school that enrols and commits to participate in the program. Ambassadors have the potential to be trained on our training materials to become our SEC Fellows.
- Supervision and oversight
- The Ambassadors will be managed by the SEC Sustainability Officer based in Kampala.
- Additional support will also be provided by the Head of Programmes.
How To Apply for Teach A Man To Fish Uganda Jobs 2022
- Prepare a well written 1-page cover letter (clearly stating why this opportunity interests you and your skills)
- Prepare a well written CV (not more than 4 pages) clearly stating your experience and education background.
- Interested persons should email 1&2 to email@example.com
In case of any questions regarding the application process, feel free to contact Brenda Ayoo on 0758702120 or Modecai Osano on 039 3243508
N.B: Recent graduates, mid-career professionals and educationists are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: Thursday 15th June 2022 by 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.