FRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Civic Training Coordinator
Job Title: Civic Training Coordinator – FRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Finnish Refugee Council (FRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) Profile
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is an INGO promoting adult education and community development among refugees since 1997 as an operational partner to UNHCR and OPM.
Civic Training Coordinator plans, coordinates and implements short-term trainings on civic education topics (such as human rights, rule of law, good governance and leadership skills, leader responsibilities, participation, conflict and peace) targeting South Sudanese refugees and host community. Essential part of work is to be able to design training packages and materials.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop training packages, programs and related materials on civic matters for leaders and peace committees.
- Review and amend existing leadership training materials to suit the project needs.
- Conduct short-term modular trainings on civic matters for leaders and peace committees.
- Build capacity of refugee and host community leaders with civic competence and skills to participate to the development and maintenance of democratic governance and citizenship.
- Encourage and facilitate linkages between law enforcement and community leaders to perform their duties under the rule of law.
- Assist and encourage the community leaders in the implementation of civic education topics and activities in their communities.
- Collect, analyse and process data on project activities for reporting and corrective actions.
- Ensure that plans and implementation incorporate gender, disability, HIV, environment and climate issues.
- Contribute to advocacy and information work.
- Support the project staff and Manager in reviewing reports and ensure timely submission of high-quality reports.
- Assist in implementation of the social cohesion activities such as intra- and intercommunity dialogues and sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Community Development / Conflict and Peace Studies / Social Studies / Education / Development Studies or other relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience as a trainer and educator, especially on leadership and civic issues.
- Experience on developing and designing training materials and packages is a must.
- Knowledge of Arabic, Dinka, Nuer and / or Madia language is desirable.
- Experience and willingness in working in field situations in rural areas independently.
How To Apply for FRC Uganda Jobs 2022
FRC is committed to observing all local, national and international laws that protect children, vulnerable adults, and basic human rights of all. FRC is committed to a policy of “zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH)” and expects anyone who works for FRC to uphold protection and safeguarding as a priority.
Interested and Applied, Email Application to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of 29th August 2022.
Application and CVs Should be one PDF document and a maximum of 5 pages Include in your application letter:
- Gross salary request,
- Contact details (email and telephone) of 3 professional reference persons.
- Please quote the Position in the subject line.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Do not email copies of certificates.
If you do not hear from FRC by end of September, your application has not been successful.
Deadline: 29th August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.