Fresher Office Assistant – CARE International
Job Title: Office Assistant
Organization: CARE International
Duty Station: Kotido Sub Office
Roles and responsibilities
- Provide effective and efficient administrative support to the respective office (50%)
- Provide reception services as and when required.
- Create requisitions in PeopleSoft as and when required.
- Managing Office Petty Cash.
- Photocopying, scanning and binding documents as needed.
- Support in Fleet Management.
- Monitor the outsourced services provided at the CARE Uganda Office(30%)
- Supervise office cleaning services so that they do not inadvertently damage any organization property during cleaning (for instance not wetting electrical items, treating fragile items with care)
- Initiate and follow up on repairs needed with external service providers to ensure works are done and are value for money.
- Receive and issue supplies to authorized users quickly and efficiently (10%) .
- Prepare online PeopleSoft goods received notes for goods and services ensuring that they are delivered according to specifications (correct recipient, location, time, appropriate packaging etc.
- Reconciling purchase orders with goods received; quickly addressing any problems or concerns and referring them to appropriate staff.
- Support logistics with the preparation of fuel efficiency reports as guided by the operations officer.
- Practice a behavior that is consistent with CARE’s core values, and promotion of gender equity and diversity goals.
- Plays a leadership role in identifying and implementing initiatives that enhance CARE’s commitment to gender and diversity.
- Ensure that CARE Safeguarding policies and procedures are adhered to by all and the staff that S/he supervisors both directly and indirectly.
- Ensure that staff and related personnel under your jurisdiction are familiar with the following organizational policies and procedures and can identify when needed how these may have been breached, The CI Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse and Child Abuse, The anti-discrimination and harassment policy, The code of conduct and the organization’s Values.
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
- Diploma in business administration with relevant experience.
- Computer Literacy is very important to ease business engagement.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
- Proficiency in the operation and use of office tools/ equipment, and an understanding of internal work processes, protocols, and procedures.
- Ability to learn quickly and adopt to changing requirements in a work environment
- Good communication skills, and fluency in spoken English, Karamojong and Swahili required
- Good customer care and self-presentation
- Dependability and attention to detail (verbal, written, telephone)
Interested candidates should submit their applications online via the link below:
Closing Date: 20th October 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.