Communications Assistant – Oxfam Uganda
Job Title: Communications Assistant
Organization: Oxfam Uganda
Roles and responsibilities:
- Compile and share a visually compelling monthly newsletter
- Ensure timely update of the global shared digital assest like inuru
- Work with programme/project teams to manage a dissemination plan for printed materials including reports
- Provide support to external events with branding, photography and story gathering.
- Support the development of communications products and materials including IEC materials, publications, etc.
- Support the implementation of communication activities and tools such as: Press releases, Press conferences, Press activities at events and Press requests.
- Support in field monitoring and documentation visists
- Support in rolling out digital campaigns and the implementation of digital strategies including online engagement strategies
- Produce compelling materials for online and social media use and improve Oxfam’s engagement with wider online audiences through effective management and monitoring of Oxfam’s social media channels.
- Develop and maintain a supporter database which will also be translated into communication mailing lists for the newsletter
- Writing and reviewing stories
- Support in maintaining and keeping the media lists and databases updated.
- Make timely uploads to the website
- Organise digital storage platforms ensuring proper storage of consent forms, photo captioning and project descriptions
- Work closely with the logistics and procurement teams to follow through with vendors including liaising with printers and other suppliers to ensure timely and quality production of different communications materials and checking samples for consistency
- Support in creating understanding and adherence to Oxfam communications and branding guidelines by staff, partners, and service providers
- Support the rollout and implementation of the communications strategy
- Degree in Mass Communications, Journalism and Media, Public Relations, Digital Media and Strategic Communications or any other related field.
- Atleast 1 year proven experience as a Communications Assistant, or similar role
- Experience working closely with the media
- Strong brand management experience
- Experience working across teams to establish digital needs and co- designing digital products
- Experience in sourcing, coordinating and publishing website content
How to apply
Interested applicants should apply online via the link below:
Application deadline: April 28, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.