5 Accounts Assistants – fhi 360
Job Title: 5 Accounts Assistants
Organization: fhi 360
Location: Masaka, Uganda
Roles and responsibilities
- Supporting the Public Financial Management Consultants (PFMC) and ensure that DLGs meets their accountability commitments. o Assisting DLGs to make and submit accurate budgetary control and financial reporting in compliance with their internal control system.
- Support RRH staff and DHMTS to ensure that the internal controls provide an appropriate level of financial accountability and compliance with the Ministry of Health and donors’ financial instructions.
- Supporting DLGS in budget formulation, implementation, and review
- Supporting USAID and other key stakeholders provides technical assistance to the Government of Uganda (GOU) through Ministry of Health (MOH) and other key stakeholders.
- Take part in TA planning and implementation activities aimed at Take p strengthening the financial management systems of donor funds including the Global fund, CDS, WHO, UNICEF etc.
- Helping DLGs to reduce the lead time for payments, establish standards, and improved payments records management to meet GOU and donor standards with attention to accuracy.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or part-qualified CPA, ACCA, or CIMA
- At least one-year work experience in finance, accounting, or audit at DLG or USAID project
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills at the junior management level. o Experience in managing development-related assignments such as USAID, WHO, UNICEF, Global fund or CDS will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS); principles and accepted practices of the Government of Uganda (GOU) with regard to finance, accounting, budgeting, and reporting; as well as governmental and not-for-profit accounting, budgeting, and reporting.
- Knowledge of development principles, concepts, and practices, especially as they relate to performing audits of development especially d programs and projects.
- Knowledge of Public Financial Management systems for MDAs, Internal Control Framework, International auditing standards and related areas.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction accurately. o Analytical thinker and problem solver.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their applications with CVs, and copies of Academic Certificates to: Uganda.firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate the title “Accounts Assistant” in the subject line.
Application deadline: Friday, 28th April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.