Administrative Assistant – IRC Uganda
Job Title: Program Administrative Assistant
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Roles and responsibilities:
- Sit at the reception and manage calls, welcome visitors, attend to the telephone and answer or refer any inquiries. Closely monitor the usage of the computers in the ICT lab, ensure clients are adhering to the set rules and regulations for the lab.
- Receive, sort, sign for packages and distribute items, internal communications, and correspondence within the center and to appropriate persons/ staff in RE: BUILD.
- With support from the community-based facilitator (CBFs), receive and register clients interested in receiving Rebuild services at the livelihood resource center, support in conducting information sessions when required, track and conduct referrals.
- Keep track of the inventory for all assets, consumable, and training materials at the livelihood Resource center, track payment of office utilities (water, power, Yaka tracker. Maintain and track the usage of office utilities and provide a monthly report.
- Support dissemination of project specific communication materials such as policies, templates, newsletters flyers among others.
- Liaises with Supply Chain to prepare procurement, prepare item forecast requisitions and share monthly updates of the LRC expenditures. Track payment of tenancy agreement.
- Liaises with different workstream holders, assists in the preparation and tracking of purchase requests in BvA, payment requests and claims for program activities.
- Support in arranging project team appointments with clients and facilitate follow-up on deadlines.
- Support administrative arrangements for project events, meetings, workshops among others, and be security conscious of the LRC premises and staff.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in administration and office Management, Public Administration, social science, Business Administration, or related field
- Two to three years of clerical, secretarial, or office experience.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with routinely shifting demands.
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English, Kiswahili, French or Arabic
- Highly motivated, possesses a strong sense of integrity and a positive attitude towards work.
How to apply
All interested applicants should apply online via the link below:
Application deadline: 11th May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.