Systems Administrator – Uganda Martyrs University Jobs
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Organization: Uganda Martyrs University
Location: Nkozi, Uganda
Roles and responsibilities:
- Administer UMU’s Active Directory
- Maintain network servers such as application servers, file servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems.
- Administer the university’s mail server
- Maintenance of IP services like DNS, Web servers, Internet Gateways
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Ensure that the design of all systems allows all components to work properly together.
- Ensure efficiency and availability of all Management Information Systems.
- Maintain network and system security as well as perform security updates and patches.
- Explore possibilities of new cost effective and/or open-source technologies based on Linux/UNIX
- Perform regular and scheduled back-up for the various pieces of data and systems as well as perform dummy recoveries of data and systems to ensure their integrity.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of activities at UMU.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in either Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Professional certifications in MCSE, CCNA will be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a busy environment.
- Good knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networking is an added advantage
- Must have good knowledge of Virtualization
- Experience in setting up and administering a wide range of Information Systems, preferably in Finance and Education environments is key
- Experience and good understanding of Open-source applications
- Good knowledge and understanding of both Windows and Linux Server administration
- Knowledge of VoIP functionality is an added advantage
How to apply
Applications for the post must be accompanied by an up-to-date CV, copies of relevant documents a current-day telephone contact, and/or email address.
Each application should be accompanied by two confidential recommendations in sealed envelopes from their referees. Applications should be addressed to: Director, Human Resources Uganda Martyrs University P.O Box 5498, Kampala
Application deadline: 19th May 2023, 5:00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.