Audit Assistant – Insurance Training College Uganda
Job Title: Audit Assistant
Organization: Insurance Training College (ITC)
Duty Station: Kampala
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Engagement Planning
· Contributes to/develops risk-based audit plans to provide assurance on the effectiveness of risk management, internal control and governance processes.
· Executes assigned audit tests as per the approved audit plan to address the test objectives
· Examines documentation, including reports, statements, records, and memos to gather information to add value to the business
· Documents and prepares clear, concise and timely audit working papers to record audit results in line with the International Internal Auditing Standards for review
· Identifies improvements in risk management, governance and control systems and any other value addition to the business
· . Prepares high quality draft internal audit reports
· Follows up on the implementation of agreed management action plans / audit recommendations.
4. Quality Assurance
· Performs the administrative duties required of the department.
· Keeps up to date on changes in the profession, industry and regulations to provide useful insight and foresight to the business
5. Special Audit Investigations and other consulting assignments
. Performs special investigations and consulting engagements and any other audit related work assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or a business-related degree from a recognized institution.
- Partial professional qualification in ACCA, CPA, CIA or any other related courses
- At least 1 year of relevant working experience in a reputable organization
- Excellent audit and accounting skills
- Excellent IT audit skills i.e., the use of Computer Aided Audit Tools (CAAT).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strategic and creative thinking.
- Knowledge of the IPPF standards.
- Strong Interviewing skills
- Highly organized and of high integrity
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their Applications enclosing photocopies of Academic certificates, CVs and three professional referees should be sent/delivered to the address below:
(The Principal, The Insurance Training College, Block A Victoria Office Park, Plot 6/9, Okot Close P. O. Box 4184, Kampala. Tel: +256 417 333 500, Email: email@example.com
Deadline: not later that 30th June 2023, 4:00pm.