ICT Officer – Insurance Training College Uganda
Job Title: Information & Communication Technology Officer (Systems & Applications)
Organization: Insurance Training College (ITC)
Duty Station: Kampala
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Planning and management of systems and applications
• Assist in design, development and implementation of ICT strategies, policies, controls, work plans and budgets.
• Assist in planning and implementation of proper disaster recovery plans and test plans.
• Analyze, design and develop business requirements of all the college departments/units to determine their ICT needs.
• Conduct infrastructure assessments and continuously improve systems and applications.
• Manage development projects to ensure that all projects are within scope, on time and meet budgets. Track project progress and communicate with stakeholders.
• Coordinate and implement annual ICT end user training needs.
• Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly ICT department reports.
2. Application/Software Management
• Design, develop, test, rollout, upgrade and maintain business applications.
• Design, develop and manage databases and database querying scripts.
• Code, debug and test software components to ensure that the code meets best practices and coding standards.
3. Systems Management
• Implement security by design and ensure effective security at all layers of applications and infrastructure.
• Design and implement effective backup up and disaster recovery procedures and scripts.
• Design and develop effective automation scripts for processes on systems and applications including PowerShell and Unix/Linux shell scripts.
• Design and implement operational data recovery procedures.
4. Security Management
• Ensure all servers and network devices are configured correctly and with the latest patches and software revisions.
• Plan, implement and maintain Kaspersky Security Center.
• Manage vendors and other third parties in line with third party access policies and college guidelines.
• Supervise and manage ICT projects
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or Software Engineering or Computer Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering or related field from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Any 2 of the internationally recognized professional certifications including Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP), Microsoft Certified Azure Solution Architect, AWS Certified Solution Architect, CompTIA Linux+, CompTIA Server+, LPIC Linux Administrator, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified OpenStack Administrator or certification in systems, cloud services, database, DevOps, programming are required
- Two years of relevant experience in a similar position in government or reputable organization offering training services.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize software development projects, tasks and timelines.
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation thinking while designing, developing and managing systems and applications.
- Ability to provide solutions to complex technical problems
- Capable of writing comprehensive technical reports, documentation and specifications.
- Highly effective project management skills in software development projects including scope management, resource allocation and risk assessment to prevent scope creep.
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to details while analyzing requirements, debugging code and ensuring software quality.
- Works effectively as part of a software development team, collaborating with colleagues and managing multiple tasks with conflicting deadlines.
- Experience in managing and implementing various ICT applications and systems, ensuring successful deployments and user adoption.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their Applications enclosing photocopies of Academic certificates, CVs and three professional referees should be sent/delivered to the address below:
(The Principal, The Insurance Training College, Block A Victoria Office Park, Plot 6/9, Okot Close P. O. Box 4184, Kampala. Tel: +256 417 333 500, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: not later that 30th June 2023, 4:00pm.