Data Collectors – Raising The Village
Job Title: Data Collectors
Organization: Raising The Village
Duty station: Several Locations
Roles and responsibilities:
- Attend training in evaluation procedures and tools
- Conduct informed consent processes with relevant local leadership structures and potential households before collecting the data.
- Implement the scheduled work plan.
- Attend Training sessions·
- Conduct Interviews in the field using Survey CTO and electronic tablets
- Pretest Questionnaires designed by RTV in the field
- Mobilizing the comminutes ahead of the data collection
- Submit daily reports to the PEAL Assistant that arise during fieldwork
- Send data collected on a daily basis every after-field work
- Engage in feedback session with the field team during the project and upon its completion
- Pretest the data collection tools
- Ensure daily targets are hit but ensure quality.
- Arrange and conduct interviews in accordance with predetermined interview guidelines, data collection procedures, tools, and documentation procedures.
- Ensure the data collected is accurate, cleaned and in accordance with the principles of confidentiality;
- Take responsibility for the data collection tools such as Tablets, computers entrusted to him/her during the data collection period.
- Take part and perform in any job-related duties as assigned by the lead RTV personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Business or Commerce, Social Sciences or any other related field
- Previous experience in data collection is a MUST
- Excellent probing skills in the execution of duties of data collection
- Work under minimum supervision to deliver results in the stipulated time.
- Prior demonstrable experience in research methods is an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge and use of Excel, and digital data collection tools especially Survey CTO and Survey 123
- Ability to understand and apply specified field data collection procedures and protocols
- Ability to work in a team (good team player) and independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain data ethics
- Able to work and travel in remote and hard to reach areas for long hours
- Ability to demonstrate moral values that are acceptable within the rural setting across communities
- Ability to uphold the reputation and credibility of the organization within partner communities during the period of the survey
- Ability to walk very difficult terrains and for long hours to access respondents
- Excellent command of English, Runyankole/Rukiga for Rubanda, Rukiga & Rubirizi and Rutooro and Runyoro in Kyenjojo, Kagadi and Kibaale districts languages is a MUST.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should address their TYPED application letter, a copy of their CV, copies of academic qualifications, a letter from the LC 1 Chairperson of where you currently reside, a copy of your National Identity Card or Valid identification to;
The Human Resource Manager
Raising The Village
APPLICATIONS CAN BE HAND DELIVERED AT THE RUKUNGIRI, KYENJOJO, KAGADI, KIBAALE RUBANDA, RUBIRIZI, KAMPALA AND MBARARA RTV OFFICES..
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU SIGN THE “RECEIPT OF APPLICATION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM” PROVIDED.
Please indicate the district of preference in the Subject Line; e.g; “Application for … .. – Kanungu”.
Raising The Village is an equal opportunity employer and does not receive/ accept any money from any candidate wishing to join the organization.
Application Deadline: 7TH JULY 2023