Graduate Fellows  – Kyambogo University
Deadline: 5:00 pm on Friday 26th August 2016.
About the opportunity:
TEACHING AND RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES
Kyambogo University invites applications from suitably qualified former students of Kyambogo University to fill Research and Teaching positions in the Departments (and areas) listed here under.
Successful Graduate Fellows should have excelled at their undergraduate studies. These appointments shall be on two year renewable non-gratuitable contract terms. Renewal will be subject to satisfactory performance.
Job Title: Graduate Fellow (Re-advertised).
Job Ref: HRM/GF/001
Vacancies: Sixty Four 64 vacancies (two per Department as indicated below).
Please note that those who applied earlier need not apply again. They may only notify us in writing stating that they had applied earlier and clearly indicating the Department and area (Section) where applicable.
The position of Graduate Fellow (formerly Known as Teaching Assistant) is a training position. At this level Graduate Fellows are expected to be mentored into Teaching and Research while they attain further qualifications for appointment to higher positions. They should acquire their Master’s degrees within a stipulated period of time (2 – 4 years).
- A Bachelors Degree (Honors) with First Class or Second Class Upper Division in the relevant discipline.
- They should not be more than 35 years of age at the time of application.
- Must be proficient in using relevant computer packages.
- Should have good communication, leadership and inter-personal skills.
- Must be a person of high integrity.
a) Faculty of Science:
- Department of Computer Science (areas of computing)
- Department of Biological Science
- Department of Chemistry (Textile, Environment & Chemical Engineering)
- Department of Sport Science
- Department of Food Processing Technology
- Department of Physics – NEW
- Department of Mathematics – NEW
b) Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences:
- Department of Economics and Statistics (Preferably statistics)
- Department of Geography & SST
- Department of Sociology & Social Administration (Demography & Social Work)
- Department of History & Political Science (Political Science)
- Department of Language & Communications Skills
- Department of Literature (Film)
c) Faculty of Vocational Studies:
- Department of Agriculture ( Extension and Soil science)
- Department of Art and Industrial Design
- Department of Human Nutrition & Home Economics – NEW.
d) School of Management & Entrepreneurship:
- Department of Accounting & Finance (BSc Accounting & Finance)
- Department of Business Administration & Entrepreneurship (BBS with Education & BBS)
- Department of Procurement, Marketing and Supply Chain (B.Procurement & Logistics Management)
- Department of Management Science (Bachelor of Management Science)
e) Faculty of Education:
- Department of Educational Psychology
- Department of Foundations of Education
- Department of Teacher Education & Development Studies (4 for Technical Teacher Education & 2 for Human Resources)
f) Faculty of Engineering:
- Department of Civil and Building Engineering
- Department of Lands and Architectural Studies
- Department of Mechanical & Production Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
g) Faculty of Special Needs & Rehabilitation:
- Department of Adult and Community Education
- Department of Special Needs Studies (Low Vision/ Functional Vision, emotional & Behavioural difficulities)
- Department of Community & Disability Studies (Adaptive technology/ICT for PWDs)
All eligible applicants should submit two copies of their application accompanied by:
- An up-to-date, detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of relevant academic certificates and transcripts or other relevant professional certificates
- Three reference letters from professional/academic/work related referees should be sent to the address below.
The Director, Human Resources,
Kyambogo University (Records Office),
1st Floor, Administration Building,
P. O. Box 1, KYAMBOGO, KAMPALA.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +256 414 286 452