Trainee Social Sciences Jobs – Office of the Auditor General (OAG) Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Auditor
Ref: ADM. 56/136/01 Vol.5 [03/16]
The Office of the Auditor General (OAG) is an institution established under the provisions of Article 163 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda. Its mandate, functions and powers are enshrined in the National Audit Act, 2008. The main function of the OAG is to audit and report on the Public Accounts of Uganda and all Public offices or bodies and/or organization established by an Act of Parliament.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Auditor – Trainee will support the Senior Auditor in carrying out the following duties in respect to auditing public accounts:-
- In charge of reviewing and evaluating financial and technical management; and internal control systems of public sector entities.
- Carrying out technical audits in civil works and other specialized areas.
- In charge of designing appropriate audit programmes for various public sector audits.
- Responsible for documenting audits and preparing draft management letters and draft audit reports.
- Preparing audit plans, working paper files and management letters
- Executing audit plans and programmes
- Attending entry and exit meetings
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
- The applicants should be Ugandans who possess Honors Bachelor’s Degrees in Social Sciences or related disciplines
- Age: Below 30 years
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications including;
- Detailed typed curriculum vitae which clearly supports the competencies required above
- Certified copies of academic qualifications, testimonials and professional training certificates.
- Names of three (3) referees and their contacts
- A recent passport size photograph
The complete applications should be submitted with an application form, which can be obtained from OAG registry, Audit House
NB: The complete applications through Post Office should be by registered mail.Applications received shall be acknowledged by the office. All serving officers should channel their applications through their Heads of Departments
The complete applications must be addressed to:
The Auditor General Audit House
Plot 2C, Apollo Kaggwa Road P.O. Box 7083,
Deadline: 17th October 2016