Job Title: Electrician
Salary scale: CU 9
Reports to: Director of Facilities & Capital Projects
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Will be in charge of installation, repair and maintenance of all electrical equipment on campus
- To advise the Estates Supervisor and Management on electrical related matters and best practices in the use of electricity
- To liaise with the Electricity Supply Company (UMEME) to ensure reliable electricity supply to the University.
- To ensure that the University’s heavy duty generator works reliably and efficiently at all times.
- To oversee and supervise the electrical works at the University.
- Costing of materials and electrical works.
- Wiring for University functions and events e.g. staff parties and graduations.
- Any other official duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and experience
- Must have at least a Higher Diploma or Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institution of Higher Learning
- Must have at least two (2) years’ experience in electrical installation works.
- Ability to advice about the University’s electrical needs and offer quick solutions to electrical problems.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be willing and able to give good customer service, particularly to staff and students of the University
- Have the ability to manage projects, particularly in the electrical field
- Excellent attention to detail and should be able to demonstrate work efficiency.
- Send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and two references.
- Two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts to:-
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University
P O Box 4, Mukono
Deadline: 5:00pm Friday, 21st October 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.