Vacancy title: Laboratory Assistants (MAAIF Jobs)
Jobs at: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries
Duty Station: Uganda – Bukalasa Agricultural College
Job details: Ministry: Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries
Rel. No.1 HRM 46/185/01 (02) (15)
Salary Scale : U7
No. of vacancies: Two (02)
Reports to: Head of Department
Purpose of the Job:
MAAIF Jobs: To produce periodic analyzed laboratory reports and maintain the safety of the stocks in the laboratory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out laboratory analysis and submitting reports to the requesting investigations;
- Prepare laboratory reagents and stains tor routine investigations;
- Dispose hazardous laboratory substances and waste;
- Look after and senricing laboratory equipment regularly;
- Requisition tor necessary supplies for laboratory work and keep record of stock; and
- Compile periodic laboratory reports and submitting them to the immediate supervisor;
- Performing any other as assigned.
Qualiﬁcations and Working Experience
- A Certiﬁcate in Laboratory Technology or any relevant ﬁeld from a recognized Institution;
- Not above 50 years of age.
Job application procedure
Applications are invited from suitably qualiﬁed Ugandans to ﬁll the following posts that have fallen vacant in the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries Training Institutes.
Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Education Service Commission Form 3 (1998) to the Secretary, Education Service Commission, P. 0. Box 7196, Kampala, to be received not later than 13.04.2017.
The application forms are obtainable from the Education Service Commission Ofﬁces, 1st Floor Famers’ House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala; Ministry of Education and Sports Headquarters and District Service Commission Ofﬁces. The advertisement as well as the application forms can also be accessed from the Education Service Commission website on www.esc.go.ug.
Applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number speciﬁed against the vacancy. Applicants should not apply for more than two posts.
Applicants should attach an each application form photocopies ot all the academic certiﬁcates and transcripts, other relevant supporting documents, and a recent passport size photograph. Qualiﬁcations from only recognized Institutions will be considered.
Sewing Public Ofﬁcers must route their applications through their immediate Supervisor/Head of institution/Department, who should be advised of the closing date to avoid delay. Applications that are not property routed will not be considered.
For all posts, qualiﬁed women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Deadline of this Job: not later than 13.04.2017