ULRC Jobs – Research Assistants
POST: 2 Research Assistants (ULRC Jobs:)
TERMS: CONTRACT (One year renewable)
REPORTS TO: LEGAL OFFICER
AGE: 21 YEARS AND ABOVE
JOB AT: Uganda Law Reform Council (ULRC)
ULRC Jobs: The Uganda Law Reform Commission is established by Article 248 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda (1995) and the specific operational details are provided in the Uganda Law Reform Commission Act (Cap 25, Laws of Uganda). The core mandate of the Commission is to study and keep under constant review the Acts and other laws comprising the Laws of Uganda with a view to making recommendations for their systematic improvement, development, modernization and reform.
It is the considered view of the Commission that a good law must be flexible and receptive to change, so as to remain fair, relevant and up to date and above all, cater to the needs of the people. As society changes over time so do the views and values of the members of that society. Law reform serves and plays the role of ensuring that this match is achieved by creating changes which contribute to making the laws of the country reflect those values and needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE:
Applicants should be Ugandans who meet the following requirements:-
- A minimum qualification of an honours degree in law from a recognized university and a Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
- Good analytical and writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Knowledge of research methods and report writing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
The Research Assistant will be responsible for performing the following duties:-
- Carrying out both desk and field research;
- Collecting and compiling necessary documents for the fulfilment of the Commission’s work;
- Participating in consultation processes including workshops;
- Delivering papers and representing the Commission in various fora as may be assigned from time to time;
- Revising, translating and simplifying Laws and participating in activities related to the publications of the Commission;
- Performing any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor, Head of Department or Secretary.
How to apply:
Applications are invited from suitable and eligible Ugandans to fill the following vacant posts currently available at Uganda Law Reform Commission
Applications should be submitted in triplicate to the Commission Secretary, Uganda Law Reform Commission 8th Floor Workers House, Plot 1 Pilkington Road P.O. Box 12149 Kampala. Email address: email@example.com
Applicants should attach fully certified photocopies of their testimonials and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) accompanied by a recent passport size photograph
Deadline: The closing date for receiving applications is Monday 29th May, 2017 at 5.00 pm.