1 August, 2017
Job Title: National Gender Advocacy Team Volunteer (Restless Development Jobs)
Organization: Restless Development
Project Name: Girls Advocacy Alliance project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Restless Development Jobs: Restless Development (Uganda) is an International NGO established to address the challenges faced by young people in Uganda by placing young people at the forefront of change and development. Our vision is for all Ugandan youth to live healthy and productive lives, fully supported by those around them. Our programming focuses on three core areas: youth sexual and reproductive health and rights, youth civic participation and youth employment and livelihoods.
About GAA Project:
Restless Development Uganda, in partnership with Plan International Uganda, is implementing the Girls Advocacy Alliance project, which seeks to address economic exclusion for girls and young women.
Restless Development Jobs: The National Gender Advocacy Team Volunteer will help in putting young people at the forefront and will take lead of the national Gender Advocacy Team (GAT). The national GAT members will lead this ambitious project through policy research and gender advocacy.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the National Gender Advocacy Team Volunteer job placement must hold degrees or diplomas from recognized tertiary institutions
- The applicant should be passionate about Women and Girls
- Have a desire to advocate for better life for girls in your community
- Show commitment to promoting equal opportunities for women and girls
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- Broad knowledge of or interest in research and advocacy
- Ability to commit to the programme from August 2017 to June 2018
- Extensive knowledge and experience in policy analysis and research will be an added advantage
- Age: 18 – 24 years
NB: Qualifying young women and male gender advocates are especially encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates who wish to join Restless Development in the aforementioned capacity should fill in this form, download here, and send it to email@example.com. Please note that we DO NOT accept CVs, resumes and cover letters.
Deadline: 9th August 2017
Restless Development Jobs – Volunteer