30 September, 2017
Job Title: Volunteer Programme – EPRC Uganda Jobs
Organization: Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Research Fellow
EPRC Uganda Jobs: The Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC) is Uganda’s leading economics research institution. Its mandate is to provide research and other forms of analytical support to Uganda’s development process. EPRC uses resources from Government of Uganda and Think Tank Initiative (TTI) under the International Development Research Centre (IDRC).
EPRC Uganda Jobs: The Volunteer Programme will support EPRC’s work by carrying out research projects and writing reports. The volunteer Programme will give recent Masters Graduates an opportunity to utilize the resources and facilities at EPRC and to work with EPRC researchers in areas of mutual interest. This is an opportunity to spend at least one year at EPRC utilizing your existing skills whilst developing new ones. You will be working full time during the programme. This may be the opportunity to link your postgraduate studies with a specific project that will benefit EPRC.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will be helping EPRC in its mission to foster sustainable growth and development of the Ugandan economy by advancing the role of research in policy processes.
- Receive mentorship and gain an insight into the practices of conducting policy oriented research.
- The jobholder will receive a monthly stipend to cover transport and basic expenses.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants must have completed their Master’s degree in Economics or related fields and have shown ability to conduct research on developing economies.
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Possess good quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills.
NB: Please note as the volunteer position is not part of the regular EPRC staff structure, you will not receive health insurance cover or any other related benefits provided to the regular staff.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications, including detailed curriculum vitae; names and addresses of three (3) referees (at least one of whom must be a current/ former employer), and photocopies of credentials should be sent to the address below. The applicants must indicate clearly on top of the envelope the position applied for.
The Chairman, Board of Management Economic Policy Research Centre
Plot 51 Pool Road, Makerere Campus,
P.O. Box 7841, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 6th October 2017 by 4:00pm