Job Title: Assistant Front Office Manager
Organisation: Future Options Consulting Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Future Options Recruitment: This is an online recruitment services which now seeks to recruit on behalf of its valued Client in the hospitality industry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Guest check in/ Check-out:
- Guests are greeted, checked in and allocated rooms promptly and courteously, either by the Front Office Staff or by the incumbent himself/herself in accordance with the laid down procedures.
- Check in procedures and related Guest service standards are strictly adhered to and correct Guest data is obtained and entered and billing details obtained and confirmed from each Guest in accordance with the laid down credit policy.
- The job incumbent is available during check in /check out periods to deal with any queries, complaints and problems.
Front Office Administration:
- Maximum room occupancy and yield is ensured in line with the laid down policy on rates and overbooking.
- The job incumbent is fully familiar with room types, applicable rates, discount and rate structures and policies.
- The Guest list and other required information is updated regularly during the day and copies sent to appropriate departments, like housekeeping, restaurant, bar, General Manager e.t.c
Front Office Billing and Cashering:
- All charges are correctly entered onto the Guest folio and that this is kept up to date at all times.
- Credit control procedures are strictly adhered to, that no bills exceed the stipulated limit without prior approval from the General Manager and that written confirmations, purchase orders, orders numbers, etcare on the file.
Staff Development and Supervision:
- Send regular feedback and performance appraisals are conducted with the front office staff, identifying areas of development and targeting needs.
- Regular on the job training is carried with all the front office staff to ensure that they perform their duties correctly to Hotel Standards
- Subordinates and other members of staff are dealt with in a polite and helpful manner at all times
- Instructions from management are treated constructively and acted upon.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should have qualifications and experience in the hospitality industry.
- Good literacy skills i.e. ability to read and write in order to complete front office administration and reporting and deal with Guests registration, correspondence and records.
- Numeracy skill; must be able to do advanced accounting and mathematical calculations to deal with Front Office Statistical reports, deal with receiving payments in acceptable forms, Check Guest folio accounts, calculate rates and discounts etc.
- Ability to spend lengthy periods of time standing behind a desk and be physically fit to respond to Guests requiring assistance in an emergency situation.
- Language: must be able to communicate verbally in English for the purposes of communicating well with Guests and management.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated C.Vs, application letters and academic documents via E-mail to: email@example.com indicating the position as the subject line.
Deadline: 8th June 2017 by 5:00pm