Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Job Summary: The Human Resources/Admin Assistant is primarily responsible for NRC’s reception area and for giving administrative support at the Kampala office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will welcome visitors to the NRC office, and direct them accordingly
- Receive incoming calls and make outgoing calls according to needs
- Ensure order and cleanliness of the reception area
- File administrative documents according to procedures
- Ensure that utility bills (e.g. electricity, water, phone) are paid on time
- Arrange for staff and visitors visas, flight bookings, transport and accommodations
- Make appointments and keep itineraries for the AM/Country Representative and NRC visitors;
- Support the Administration/ Human resource Coordinator duringrecruitment.
- Manage the maintenance and cleanliness in all office interiors
- Maintain the diary of events and visitors
- Support in making travel arrangements, booking of flights and hotel accommodation for visitors;
- Assist in maintaining inventory of office equipment, furniture and fittings
- The applicant for the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Human Resources/Admin Assistant job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Administration / Organisation / Management
- Previous administration experience
- Previous experience from working in a similar context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Familiar Uganda labour and immigration laws
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandan candidates who wish to join one of the world’s leading relief organisations, Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) should apply by visiting the web link below.
Deadline: 27th October 2016