Qualification Level: High school
Support the Office Administrator to maintain a clean, hygienic, organized and positive office environment.
Reports to: Office Administrator
Opening Date: 29th August 2016,
Start Date: As Soon As Possible.
GiveDirectly is a Non-Governmental Organization that provides Unconditional cash transfers to poor households in Uganda.
Overview: The Office Assistant (O/Asst.) will be responsible for office administration in GiveDirectly’s Kampala office.
- Specifically the O/Asst. will support the Office Administrator to maintain a clean, hygienic, organized and positive office environment.
- He or She will provide administrative and clerical support to others in the office.
- The O/Asst. will maintain the highest standards of professionalism; helpfulness, integrity and honesty.
Skills and Behaviour
- Empathy, honesty, and the highest standards of integrity.
- Strong interest in advancing the distinctive values and mission of GiveDirectly.
- Time management and multitasking.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills especially English.
- Proactive attitude, identifying and finding ways to solve problems without guidance.
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding, and sensitivity.
- Clean all floors daily by sweeping and mopping and empty office dustbins.
- Keep bathrooms/toilets clean throughout the day.
- Dust office furniture at least weekly, taking care not to disorganize equipment &documents.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors at least monthly on a rotational basis.
- Store all cleaning equipment and products neatly in the designated cupboards. Identify and report possible repairs.
- Conduct a weekly stock check to ensure adequate stocks of cleaning and hygiene supplies.
- Prepare budgets for office supplies as well provide accountability for the same and necessary reports to the Office Administrator.
- Fulfill Office messenger services e.g delivering and picking up office items or documents and printing, photocopying, scanning official documents and conduct data entry as and when required.
- Undertake any other duties within the overall functions of the job or as may be assigned by your Manager.
Ability to use computers, primarily Microsoft Office.
At least 6 months cleaning experience in a busy work environment Terms of Employment Three (3) months’ probation followed by the possibility of a six month to one-year contract.
Terms of Employment
Three (3) months’ probation followed by the possibility of a six month to one-year contract.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, please click here.
Deadline: 12th September 2016