Job Title: Forest Supervisor (20 National Forestry Association Uganda Jobs)
Organisation: National Forestry Authority (NFA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Sector/Plantation Manager
The National Forestry Authority (NFA) is a Government agency established under the National Forestry and Tree Planting Act, 2003 as a corporate body responsible for sustainable development and management of Central Forest Reserves (CFRs) and provision of technical support to stakeholders in the forest sub-sector : National Forestry Association Uganda Jobs
Job Summary: The Forest Supervisor will be responsible for sustainable and proper management of the central forest reserve area, machinery/ equipment assigned and maintaining of good public relations with all stakeholders including District Local Governments; ready to work for long hours in hard to reach areas: National Forestry Association Uganda Jobs
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of implementing forest management and Annual Operation Plans.
- Take full charge of a beat as defined by the Supervisor, adopting the landscape approach to management.
- Supervise the licensed harvesting of forest resources.
- Prepare weekly activity schedules and targets and ensure their accomplishments.
- Actively participate in preparation and supervision of local contracts where applicable, and certify completion of work.
- Carry out regular maintenance on forest boundaries.
- Conduct and supervise forest patrols to ensure integrity of the forest.
- Actively participate in protection activities in the forest reserve beyond the beat.
- Prepare and submit situational weekly and monthly reports to Sector Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the National Forestry Authority (NFA) Forest Supervisor job vacancy should hold a diploma in forestry and /or agro-forestry from recognized institutions.
- A minimum of two years’ working experience in a related field.
- Basic knowledge of environment and natural resource management and knowledge of Community participatory approaches is an added advantage.
- Age: 25 to 35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their application letters, copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts and curriculum vitae giving full details of applicants education, qualifications, experience (with evidence), present salary and naming three referees, plus their postal, email and telephone contacts to the address below;
Plot 10/20 Spring Road Nakawa
P.O. Box 70863, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 3rd February 2017
Fresh Graduate Jobs In Uganda: National Forestry Association Uganda Jobs – 20 Forest Supervisors