Job Title: Officer IT Hardware (Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Supervisor IT: Hardware Installation and Maintenance
Job Code: HRM/073/604
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Jobs: URA was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Officer IT Hardware will install and maintain the URA IT and Network Hardware Infrastructure as per the good industry practice and in accordance with the URA ICT policies to facilitate business operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Install, monitor and maintain hardware to ensure optimum performance as per ICT set standards and industry good practices.
- Install hardware, rack mount hardware, LAN, power and endpoint equipment and such like as may be acquired by URA from time to time.
- Carry out Preventive Maintenance (PM) of IT equipment assigned, test and verify to ensure optimum performance
- Conduct Corrective Maintenance (CM) of various IT equipment including fault detection, diagnosis of various peripheral devices and endpoints.
- Perform routine safety checks, including electrical tests, and maintain the appropriate records.
- Maintain appropriate stock levels for spares and fast moving parts based on analyzed usage and trends.
Keep an up-to-date CMDB of IT Equipment serviced and generate periodic management reports to facilitate decision making:
- Update Configuration Items (Cis) as per CM guidelines
- Update CMDB records and keep efficient stock control system both in the workshop and in the field
- Ensure the safe disposal of obsolete equipment, used consumables and waste materials in line with recognized procedures and legal requirements
- Provide information for use in planning and implementing changes to elements of the ICT infrastructure as required.
Provide support by Responding to user service calls and requests to facilitate business operations.
- The incumbent will receive and analyze the service calls and requests
- Determine and plan for the resources needed to resolve the call (s)
- The Officer IT Hardware will conduct corrective measures to calls received on soft and hardware problems.
- Raise awareness amongst staff and users on aspects such as data protection, IT security, health and safety policies
- Generate a report and submit to line manager for further management.
Carry out pre-delivery and acceptance tests and Verifications on new hardware Equipment and assist in the identification of obsolete or irreparable Equipment for Boarding off.
- Work closely with Stores Supervisor, vendor and any other stakeholder to plan the test/verification exercise
- Carry out the test/verification exercise
- Guide and report on the conformance of the product to specifications
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda Revenue Authority URA Officer IT Hardware job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science, and Information Technology.
- Possession of a professional certification (Cisco, A+ and N+)Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- One year of experience in computer maintenance, LAN design and installation and Cisco products in medium size organization
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the IT industry, Hardware maintenance, the different platforms, trends, support centers, ICT security, LAN/WAN infrastructure and the commonly applied best practice standards.
- Knowledge of the best practices and IT Service Management process and Business needs.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of electronics, power, and IT hardware.
- Ability to cope with work under stressful environments that includes working long hours.
- Physically strong person able to carry weights of up to 10kgs regularly
- Person of high integrity (does not get compromised on account of personal issues)
- Possess good customer care and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and willingness to undertake any responsibility.
- Agile and disciplined, possessing capability to provide timely solutions.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online by visiting the website below. Please go to Careers link, Click Here, ‘CAREERS -> EXPERIENTIAL HIRING -> Login (If new, register, else continue)’ to view detailed job description of the roles and responsibilities and other required competencies. All applicants are required to scan and attach copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Transcript, O’ Level, A’ level, Degree certificates. Each attachment should not exceed a limit of 1MB and ONLY Portable Document Format (pdf) are allowed.
Note: The list of shortlisted and successful candidates will be published on the URA website. Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority. Any applicants found with forged academic documents will be charged in the courts of law.
Deadline: 2nd May 2017 at 11:59pm