Job Title: 14 Credit Officers – UGAFODE Jobs 2018
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
UGAFODE Jobs 2018: The Credit Officer is mainly responsible for recruiting of clients and visiting prospective clients homes and business to access the credit worthiness and will manage the portfolio effectively and efficiently to ensure sustainability.
Duty Station: Jinja, Mbarara, Mpigi, Kyotera, Lyantonde, Ishaka, Ntungamo, Ibanda, Rukungiri, Kagadi, Lira, Sembabule, Rushere and Mbale, Uganda
Reports to: Credit Supervisor
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Promotion of products and origination of new clients:
- In charge of marketing of the Individual lending products
- Client mobilization and sensitization on all loan individual loan aspects
- Build and maintain portfolio of quality clients rapidly and consistently to reach target portfolio within assigned period.
- Work closely with community organizations, business associations, and individual entrepreneurs
Conduct loan evaluations according to policies and procedures:
- Develop an accurate evaluation of each client’s capacity and willingness to repay the requested loan.
- Correctly complete loan application and evaluation forms;
- Arrange and undertake business site visits;
- Verify and cross-check all information relevant to the loan application and evaluation;
- Evaluate the willingness and capacity to repay of the client;
- Ensure an appropriate guarantee is in place and documented;
- Determine and present loan terms and conditions to credit committee.
Credit committee member:
- Actively participate in credit committees providing input on other members’ loan proposals;
- Prepare and present own loan proposals to credit committee.
Provide high-quality customer service:
- Build relationships with each client to support the business success and cultivate loyalty.
- Offer suggestions and referrals where appropriate and within company policy;
Manage and recover late repayments:
- Implement late repayment recovery procedures of UGAFODE;
- Achieve and maintain targets on portfolio at risk and loan loss;
- Regularly monitor repayment reports daily and client behavior patterns.
Build community rapport:
- Build rapport with community, business associations and leaders;
- Be known and visible in the community;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the UGAFODE Credit Officer jobs must hold Bachelor’s degrees in Microfinance, Education or related field
- High level of integrity and commitment to excellence
- Good customer service and relational skills
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their motivation letters and up-to-date CVs only via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Applicants should indicate the position, lending methodology that they are applying for as well as the branch where they prefer to be placed. They should be conversant with the local language spoken in the area). Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource and will be shortlisted on a rolling basis.
Deadline: 14th May 2018