Job location: Kampala
IOM Uganda Jobs 2018: Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM Uganda Jobs 2018: Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in Kampala and programmatically to the Senior Programme Assistant in Accra and the direct supervision of the VAC team leader in Kampala:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide client service excellence to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the CIC Statement of Work (SOW) and the CIC Service Standards.
- Assist in the provision of client information: distribution of application forms, information sheets and checklists regarding visa requirements; assist with telephone, fax, e-mail, chat and SMS inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications and the location of client’s passport), providing timely and accurate information to clients; marketing and providing assistance to clients with Value Added. Informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures.
- Assist in the collection of complete applications as per CIC checklists: provide guidance to clients on the proper completion of application forms, while reviewing and collecting same applications along with any supporting / additional documents, as required; record, dispatch and follow up on applications and passports; arrange appointments for visa applicants who require interview, as required.
- Maintain a professional appearance and migrant friendly demeanour at all times;
- Maintain positive working relationships with IOM’s Lead VAC Partner, VFS Global and CIC staff locally.
- Immediately inform management of any problems or issues related to her/his daily work and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client service.
- Comply with the IOM Policy for a Respectful Working Environment”, “IOM Confidentiality Agreement”, “IOM Data Protection Manual”, IOM Standards of Conduct”, “Fraud Prevention” and the “IOM Policy on Reporting Irregular Practices, Wrongdoing and Misconduct”.
- Such other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- are either students approaching the end of their studies and preparing a thesis, or
- recently graduated, between 19 and 36 years old, who have less than two years of relevant working experience
Fluency in [one IOM official language] and [local language] is required.
- Accountability-Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies; Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs; Monitors own work to correct errors
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; Effectively interfaces with government officials of appropriate level on matters related to substantive migration issues and the work of IOM
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills; Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services ; Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders; Convinces others to share resources
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility; Identifies risks and makes contingency plans; Adjusts priorities and plans to achieve goals; Allocates appropriate times and resources for own work and that of team members
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter; Effectively applies knowledge of migration issues within organizational context; Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation; Contributes to, and follows team objectives; Seeks input and feedback from others
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Effectively applies knowledge of health issues in execution of responsibilities at appropriate level
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send resumes with three references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00am EAT on 13 May 2018.
The subject of your email should be the Reference Number and Position Title i.e. “CFC: 01/04/018 VAC Intern.
Since the system is automated, if you do not follow the above mentioned instruction your application may be missed by the system.
Please ensure that send your attachments as ONE DOCUMENT in PDF.
The title of your attachment should be your full name.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 13 May 2018