Report to: Sponsorship Operations Coordinator
Location: Lira District
World Vision Uganda Jobs: The Child Sponsorship Correspondence Assistant will effectively manage World Vision Sponsor Correspondences in accordance to the partnership standards and procedures.
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision fo every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Processing Sponsor Correspondences
- The incumbent will receive, sort and Register all mails/parcels and cards to and from the ADP/ cluster
- Process incoming sponsor correspondences on a daily basis as per the partnership standards ( Removal and disposal of addresses, threatening items ,child protection or any other threats in accordance to the WV partnership standards )
- Record and enter into single STEP all the processed correspondences , E letters and cards
- Record and dispatch all the processed correspondences to the respective ADPs
- Ensure proper security and custody of Correspondences
- Record damaged sponsor mails/parcels for reference and return to sender mails
- Ensure proper disposal of removed Sponsor Addresses , threatening items and other child protection materials from mails and parcels
- Keenly monitor and track compliance with Sponsorship standards on sponsor mails.
- Record and submit all special gifts in the CCF and ensure any Money Orders and cheques enclosed are submitted to CSSA
- Receive, track and acknowledge all delivered correspondences / items (mails, parcels and Cards) from Post Office or World Vision
- Handle postage processes of all correspondences
- Process and Prepare payments for Postage and courier services
- Ensure mail processing activities adhere to child protection standards and report any diversion
- Systematically do a child protection quality check of all correspondences ( to ensure that correspondences materials will affect the holistic growth and development of children )
- Prepare and submit a Single STEP monthly Correspondence report to CSSA
- Share weekly updates on Correspondence status per ADP
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Uganda Child Sponsorship Correspondence Assistant job opportunity must hold a Degree in Business/statistics/IT or related field from a recognized university.
- Qualifications in networking, information systems, and databases will be an added advantage.
- Critical thinking/questioning, self drive and innovative
- Proven IT knowledge, skill and experience in database management.
- Must be a team player and team builder.
- Must be a committed Christian.
- Ability and willingness to work for longer hours, when the situation so demands.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able work under minimum supervision
How to Apply
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 30th October 2018