Job Title: 2 Office Attendants
Report to: Office Manager
Organization: John Snow, Inc (JSI)
John Snow Uganda Jobs: The Office Attendant is a full-time position and will be based in Lira, Uganda. S/he will be responsible for the day-to-day upkeep of the RHITES-N, Lango project office facility. The Office Attendant reports to the Office Manager.
John Snow, Inc (JSI), a leader in the field of international public health, is currently recruiting for a various position for the USAID-Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services-North, Lango (USAID-RHITES-N, Lango) Project. USAID-RHITES-N, Lango will improve the use of integrated health services in Northern Uganda’s Lango region and strengthen the health system to sustain gains made by earlier projects. USAID-RHITES-N, Lango will contribute to improving key population-based national health indicators; build the capacity of the Ugandan government to carry out a sustainable and locally-driven response to the HIV epidemic, while also improving TB, malaria, nutrition, MNCH+A, and WASH outcomes.
JSI will work with Ugandan stakeholders to design and implement health system strengthening strategies to scale up high-impact, evidence-based interventions at the national, sub-regional, district, and community levels. Interventions will include VMMC, virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, antiretroviral therapy, and condom education and distribution. JSI will focus where the greatest impact can be realized, with a priority on hard-to-reach and high-HIV-prevalence locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee office upkeep in terms of needed repairs;
• Clean office floors, walls, windows, using appropriate cleaning materials;
• Wash cups, plates, cutlery and all other utensils with due care and appropriate cleaning materials;
• Empty waste bins on a regular basis and clear desks and tables of any debris and dirty utensils;
• Thoroughly clean all toilets, tubs and wash bins at least twice a day with appropriate disinfectant materials;
• Dust furniture and equipment on a daily basis to prevent dust build-up;
• Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation;
• Prepare tea and coffee for staff and guests; and
• Check all office windows and ensure that they are locked after 5.30 p.m. and switch off lights and machines before locking the offices.
• Keep all plants and shrubbery on the property trimmed and watered and in presentable condition.
• Making sure that all garden and cleaning equipment is correctly maintained and serviced.
• Inform the Office Manager if any bathroom or kitchen supplies required for cleaning and maintenance are running out so that they may be replenished as quickly as possible;
• Support with Photocopying, scanning and Printing
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
• UACE certificate, a diploma in any relevant field will be an added advantage
• Experience in cleaning and maintaining hygienic environment;
• Experience in using office modern machines is an added advantage
• Good English verbal skills;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Experience working with a foreign NGO preferred;
• Experience in clerical administrative duties will be an added advantage;
• Ability to use a computer is an added advantage;
• Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times;
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage various activities in a team setting with minimal supervision;
• A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing;
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality for all project and staff proprietary matters.
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should send their applications by email to email@example.com addressed to the Human Resource Manager attaching their application letters and CV to not later than April 12, 2019.
JSI is an equal opportunity employer so women are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: not later than April 12, 2019