Title: Graduate Trainee- Civil Engineering – BEL Uganda Jobs
Reports to: The Technical Manager.
Organization: Bujagali Energy Limited ( BEL )
Duty Station: Jinja
BEL Uganda Jobs: Bujagali Energy Limited ( BEL ) is an electric energy generating company in Uganda. The company owns and operates the Bujagali power station, which was the largest hydropower plant in the country as of July 2014. BEL is a single purpose company, formed to develop the 250-megawatt Bujagali Hydropower Station. Under arrangements with the government of Uganda(GOU), BEL owns and operates the power plant for 30years, starting with commissioning,
These positions are training positions under the Electricity Regulatory Authority skills development programme. The work includes the responsibilities listed below. The position is based at the hydropower plant near Jinja, the Republic of Uganda.
• Participate in all training programs of the company.
• Carry out concrete inspection, preventive maintenance and repair of civil structures.
• Execute civil works for Hujagali Energy Limited,
• Design, plan and organise resources/labour and materials) for civil works.
• Conduct monthly civil inspections of the dam, analysis and evaluation of the civil instrumentation results.
• Manage and supervise civil casual workers, preparing of work schedules and Payment timesheets.
• Follow safety procedures and ensure the safety of self and teammates at all times,
• Prepare necessary documents prior to works including permits to work and related safety documents relevant procedures and work instructions.
• Plan, schedule and conduct educational tours within the plant as situation demands
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• Must have graduated in 2018 to 2019
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
• Personal protective equipment must be worn while visiting certain locations of the power plant (e.g. hard hats, safety glasses, ear protection, life jackets and safety shoes, etc) and at all times while carrying out maintenance works.
• Requires occasional extended working hours or working over a weekend.
- These job descriptions provide a general overview of the type of work and the level of responsibilities required to fulﬁll the positions but it is by no means exhaustive and other duties not identified above may be assigned as situation demand.
- These descriptions will be subject in review from time to time
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address and e-mail below. Applications may not exceed 2MBs. “
Email: [email protected]
People Performance Group,
Plot 8 Kitantae Close.
P.0. Bax 12405, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: Friday 12th July 2019
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.