Job Title: Graduate Trainees – Yalelo Uganda Jobs
Fields: Animal husbandry, Aquaculture, Agriculture.
Organization: Yalelo Uganda
About Yalelo Uganda
Yalelo is a pioneer of aquaculture in Zambia, bringing together local resources and world-leading practices. We implement a scalable solution to ease the pressure on Zambia’s struggling wild-capture fisheries sector. Founded in 2011, we have grown quickly to become the leading fisheries firm in Zambia and among the largest aquaculture firms in Africa. We breed and grow our tilapia on the shores of Lake Kariba and sell our product fresh nation-wide. Our pristine water, locally produced non-GMO fish feed and robust cold-chain results in product quality and affordability that is transforming the customer experience.
Yalelo Uganda Jobs: In close collaboration with the Production Manager and the Hatchery Manager, the successful candidate will participate in all the aspects related to fish farming and production and will have to ensure that the farm production is running smoothly and efficiently. The trainees will initially be involved at all day to day aspects of the farm and will be expected to do hands-on day to day work, to gain practical experience and then grow into a supervisory role.
- Broodstock management and fry production.
Feeding and feed response
Feed inventory and warehouse management.
Water, fish testing and analysis.
Sampling, grading, weight and biomass calculations
Data inputting and analysis
Maintenance of cage, net and anchoring.
- Managing the day to day running’s of the farm
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or similar degree
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, implementing work agenda with minimum supervision
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office application
- High self-motivation and willingness to support others in multidisciplinary teams
How To Apply:
Applications including curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, telephone numbers, email address and names and contact information for two referees should be e-mailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 5th August 2019.