Job Title: Administrative Assistant – Regulatory Office – MUWRP Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regulatory Officer
Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) Profile:
Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit biomedical research Organization, whose mission is to mitigate disease threats through quality research, health care and disease surveillance. MUWRP was established in 2002 by a Memorandum of Agreement between The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, lnc. (HJF) and Makerere University (Mak) to undertake medical research to test HIV vaccines. Over the years, MUWRP’s portfolio has progressively expanded to include vaccine research for Ebola and Marburg viruses, surveillance of influenza and influenza- like viruses and other emerging infections in humans and animals; also epidemiological, basic and implementation research in HIV treatment, care and prevention programs in the Districts of Kayunga, Mukono, Buvuma and Buikwe.
The Administrative Assistant – Regulatory Office will provide administrative support to the Regulatory section in order to work efficiently with limited staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Compiling documents for submission to IRBs i.e. photocopying the relevant number of copies.
- Verifying the accuracy of the submission package
- Scanning all documents submitted to and received from ethical and regulatory bodies
- Delivery of submission to the ethical and regulatory bodies
- Filling documents (under the direct supervision of the Regulatory Officer)
- Retrieving correspondences from the different regulatory bodies
- Performing other relevant duties as requested/ necessary.
- The successful applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in humanities (e.g. librarianship, secretarial studies, social sciences etc).
- At least one year’s office administration experience in a busy office environment.
- Experience in a clinical research setting (or related field) and human subjects
- Proficient in computer applications such as Microsoft Office suite (word, excel)
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Keen attention to detail.
- High levels of confidentiality and integrity.
- Fluency in verbal and written English.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
How to Apply for MUWRP Uganda Jobs 2020 – Administrative Assistant:
Interested candidates should complete a MUWRP Application Form, Download Here
Fill and submit it together with their Application letter, Photocopies of academic qualifications and Curriculum Vitae with 3 referees, as one word/pdf document. The location should be clearly stated in the application and sent to:
The Senior Human Resource Officer
Makerere University Walter Reed Project
Plot 42 Nakasero Road.
P.O. Box 16524 Kampala.
Or via email to: – email@example.com
Deadline: 14th February 2020
NOTE: No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.