Job Title: 40 Community Outreach Assistants (RGIL) – BRAC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: BRAC Uganda
Duty Station: Field Branches
BRAC Uganda Profile:
BRAC is a global leader in creating large-scale opportunities for the poor. Founded in Bangladesh in 1972, it is now one of the world’s largest development organizations, touching the lives of an estimated 138 million people in 11 countries across Asia and Africa. BRAC Uganda invites suitably qualified Ugandans to fill up the following available vacant positions.
Our Health intervention in Uganda began in 2008 to ensure that people living in poverty can access quality, affordable health services. The goal of the projects is to lower morbidity and mortality among children under five from diseases such as diarrhea, pneumonia and malaria: improve maternal health: improve basic essential healthcare services in rural areas: and improve the nutritional status of smallholder families with a focus on pregnant women, children under five and adolescent girls.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Build capacity of CHPs to collectively engage with focal leaders & community members on eye care issues.
• Conduct two outreach camps daily in the community to sale minimum pairs of eyeglasses.
• Sensitize eligible customers to purchase glasses during regular household visits.
• Timely Report on RGIL activities and attend program meetings.
• Follow up on commitments by clients to pay and purchase eyeglasses upon screening.
• Ready to work hand in hand with CHPs and motivate them to earn more income and provide eyeglasses to communities that cannot attend minicamps on normal working days.
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Doing any other roles as of when required by the supervisor
Required Qualifications and Skills
• Diploma in Business related courses, Development studies, Social work. Or other related humanities.
• Minimum of one-year’ experience in community sales and mobilization.
• Good customer care knowledge and handling.
• Excellent mobilization skills and knowledge of local languages.
• Experience in writing high quality and detailed project reports.
• Ability to work under pressure and work on weekends.
• Good communication skills.
• Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both CHPs and communities.
How To Apply For Brac Uganda Jobs 2020:
Interested candidates should send their Application (addressed to the Manager, HR & Training) & CV by email
The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly.
Only complete applications will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: Sunday 08th February 2020.