Job Title: ICT Officer – Uganda AIDS Commission Jobs 2020
Organization: Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC)
Salary Scale: UAC 6
Reports To: Head, ICT
Responsible for: ICT Assistant
To manage the operations and maintenance of ICT equipment and services in UAC and ensure reliability and effectiveness of IT support services to UAC staff and Units.
Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC) Profile:
Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC) was established in 1992 by an Act of Parliament (Cap 208) and is under the Office of the President of the Republic of Uganda. The Act provides for the Commission to Oversee, Plan and Coordinate AIDS Prevention and Control activities throughout Uganda
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the operations of ICT facilities and equipment in UAC and provides technical support to users / UAC units whenever required;
- Assessing ICT needs at UAC, and develop appropriate plans and budgets for addressing gaps
- Provide inputs into the procurement, installation and maintenance of ICT hardware and software equipment and services;
- Provide technical support in the formulation and development of ICT policies, regulations and guidelines for the Commission;
- Plan and conduct capacity development programmes for UAC staff on the proper usage and handling of ICT facilities and equipment;
- Rationalize and harmonize diverse data sets to ensure an integrated database system for UAC and all users;
- Install and maintain UAC local and wide area network systems and services including installation and configuring of software applications, and data and systems security;
- Requisition and supervise servicing and maintenance of ICT infrastructure and equipment;
- Provide IT technical support in the development and maintenance of the UAC databases website and intranet;
- Provide technical support in the development and implementation of knowledge and information management policies and strategies;
- Design and supports the implementation of user support strategies, contingency plans and disaster recovery programmes;
- Manage access control for network users so as to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of the network resources;
- Draft and submit a technical report to the Head of ICT.
- An Honors Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Statistics/Mathematics (computer science option); Software Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or it’s equivalent from a recognized awarding institution.
- At least 3 years of working experience at the level of ICT Officer in a public or reputable private organization.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Effective Communication skills;
- Information Systems design and development;
- Hard and software designing and analysis;
- Planning, organizing and coordinating;
- Knowledge management;
- Concern for quality and standards;
- Ethics and integrity.
How To Apply:
If you meet the requirements above and are interested in joining the Commission, provide a cover letter expressing interest in the job, a detailed CV, names, addresses, and phone contacts of three professional referees, copies of relevant academic/professional certificates and copies of previous appointments.
Applications indicating the title of the position should be sent to:
The Director-General, Uganda AIDS Commission, Plot 1-3 Salim Bay Road Ntinda, P.O Box 10779, Kampala
or by mail to email@example.com
Please note that those who had applied before may reapply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th February 2020.