Job Title: Project Assistant (PHAST) – Acord Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Acord Uganda.
Duty Station: Bidibidi Settlement, Yumbe District
ACORD-U (Agency for Cooperation in Research and Development – Uganda) Profile:
ACORD-U (Agency for Cooperation in Research and Development – Uganda) is an indigenous NonGovernmental Organization (NGO) working for social justice and development. ACORD has been working in Uganda since 1979 with operations in over 25 districts across Uganda. The ACORD-U works in conjunction with people who have been denied their basic rights, helping to better understand, to challenge, and to change the situation in which they find themselves. ACORD-U, a Non‐Governmental Organization is one (01) qualified candidate for the post of Project Assistant-PHAST in its newly awarded Partnership for “Improving Sustainable WASH services and schools for South Sudanese Refugees in Bidibidi settlement”. This project is funded by Swiss Water and Sanitation Consortium and HEKS-EPER through HEKS-EPER Uganda Country Office- for 24 months.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Identify communities benefiting from the project
• Establish the first contact with target communities
• Provide PHAST sessions to the targeted community.
• Facilitate sessions with communities in realizing the negative hygienic and sanitary behaviours replaced with positive ones
• Contact and explain the activities and objective of the project to stakeholders and target populations.
• Inform and coordinate local authorities about all aspects of the project
• Mobilize communities to contribute to the implementation of the project.
• Work in collaboration with the stakeholders.
• Walk throughout the village and interact with all community members facilitating a rapid change in their attitude towards good hygiene and sanitation practices and behaviour.
• Effective use of IEC materials in the target villages and their follow up
• Conduct community hygiene awareness and sanitary sessions for the target communities.
• Provide technical advice to the villagers in building a sanitary latrine
• Assist village Community Hygiene Promoters to record day to day progress made by villagers in their village and report to his/her supervisor
• Establish a mutual and good relationship with the community structures and other influential leaders of the target villages
• Provide supervisor with success stories and photos from special occasions and progresses
• Reporting on a regular basis to the supervisor
Subscribe to Blog via Email
• A Bachelors’ Degree in Arts, Community Development, Health Sciences, Communications, Environmental health, Public Health, Social Science or related field.
• Knowledge of and experience in the methodology of Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Transformation (PHAST) and Community-Led Total Sanitation (CLTS).
• Proven skills in computer programs (Word, Excel; minimum)
• At least 3 years of practical experience as a community mobilizer.
• Experience in WASH programs in rural areas.
• Understanding of the impact of gender status and relationships on WASH and health practices
• Knowledge and/or experience in participatory community approaches and techniques.
• Outgoing personality with excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Prepared to spend longer time periods in the field.
• Team player
• Possession of a valid riding permit and knowledge of road rules.
• Knowledge of the local language will be an added advantage
How To Apply for Acord Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send a cover letter, detailed CV documenting work history and current responsibilities, salary history, and three professional references (including at least 1 prior employer) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify “Project Assistant” in the subject line of your application email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Hard copy hand-delivered applications will not be accepted. No telephone inquiries are permitted, please.
Deadline: Wednesday, 5th August 2020 by 5:00 pm.