Job Title: Associate Program Officer – World Bank Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: World Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
World Bank Uganda Profile:
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide professional reception and administrative support services to the organization;
- Work on multiple concurrent tasks with constant interruption without losing concentration or attention to detail;
- Must be able to deal with emergency situations in a calm, efficient and prompt manner; showing an excellent sense of initiative and discretion;
- Use a multi-line telephone, answering a high volume of telephone calls with courtesy, speed and accurately routing the calls;
- Receiving, communicating and screening visitors then directing them to their proper destination in a courteous and professional manner;
- Providing general information regarding the Bank and responding to routine inquiries or complaints from clients and members of the public in line with Bank’s policies and management direction;
- Relaying messages accurately orally, manually and by electronic mail;
- Performing other office support functions, examples of which include receiving, sorting and ensuring distribution of incoming mail;
- Coordinating monthly subscriptions of newspapers and journals to ensure validity;
- Maintain Internal and external directories, circulating and updating of the visiting missions schedule weekly, recording and dispatch of pouch weekly.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Preferable qualification of Certificate/Diploma in Secretarial studies, Administration or an equivalent;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to interact tactfully with people of all levels;
- Demonstrable team spirit and strong desire to actively contribute to the Bank’s objectives;
- Willingness and ability to assist in any ad-hoc tasks that may come up;
- Excellent word and data processing skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.);
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a busy diverse office environment.
How To Apply for World Bank Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 17the August 2020.