Job Title: Communications Intern – DRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Uganda Profile:
For the present vacancy, the Communications Intern will support Communications and the Information Management Officer in DRC Country Office in Kampala. His/her contribution will be extremely valuable to communicate difference and impact the organization makes in the country and the region. This is a great opportunity for those who look to engage in a new sector such as humanitarian and development affairs at global level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and updating DRC Uganda information on DRC EAGL regional Facebook and Twitter pages
- Writing short stories, posts or success stories from the field for a requested media platform such as DRC website, DRC EAGL newsletter, and newsletters to donors
- Preparing audiovisual material for the projects, communication campaigns, and events
- Coordinating with Regional Communications office
- Coordinating with external media
- Preparing internal newsletter
- Verifying visibility materials against visibility standards and donors’ requirements
- Bringing new ideas to DRC Uganda
- Any other relevant tasks.
- Diploma or BA degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, or Arts
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in local languages would be an asset.
- Patience and attentiveness to details
- Diligence completing tasks
- Very good knowledge of Facebook and Twitter account management and other social media platforms
- Excellent writing skills
- Graphic and formatting skills with relevant software is necessary (e. g. Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Creative and proactive Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- A team player and the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Flexible, pro-active, and with the ability on follow through on tasks.
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: August 16th, 2020, by 5:00 pm.