Job Title: 10 Data Enumerators – DanChurchAid Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA) Uganda
Duty Station: Lamwo.
DanChurchAid (DCA) Uganda Profile:
DCA works closely with partner organisations and government structures at different levels, while also doing direct/self-implementation in our humanitarian response to the South Sudanese refugee influx. We work in the humanitarian-development nexus, and introduce cash-based interventions, appropriate technologies and digital solutions to address vulnerability; we build local capacity; we support innovative livelihoods including access to land and climate change adaptation; we protect and restore natural resources; we help supply clean and environmentally friendly energy and we fight for gender equality, transparency and social accountability.
The Data Enumerators / Research Assistants are primarily responsible for collecting field data, interviewing beneficiaries. They have direct contact with respondents and have a great bearing on the quality of data collected and ultimately on the quality of data output and adherence to DCA code of conduct.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Attend enumerators’ training workshop
• Receive enumeration materials and equipment from field supervisor
• Develop an enumeration schedule/itinerary
• Attend activity briefings
• Work with the DCA staff to locate respondent households/group
• Conduct quality interviews with respondents
• Handle with safety the tools and equipment for data collection
• Record responses as instructed and document daily challenges
• Ensuring signing the daily attendance list for the activities and days of work
• Comply with all the requirements necessary for conducting a successful interview
• Cooperate and coordinate and provide feedback to Community Facilitators and field supervisors
• Ensure that enumerator checking/Checklist is complete
• Ensure that all data collection tools and equipment are uploaded and accounted for
• Turn over all literature and materials used in the survey to the immediate Field Supervisor
• Attend all the de-briefing sessions
• Follow confidentiality and security procedures to ensure respondent/household privacy is protected
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- The Minimum Requirement should be A-Level Certificate, A Diploma or A degree in any field is an added advantage.
- Experience in social research working with refugees and host communities.
- Profound knowledge of Digital Mobile Data Collection Tools (like Kobo collect and ability to master new, data related applications as required)
- Use of a smartphone is a must and must have collected data using a smartphone or tablet before
- Highly organized individual, capable of handling multiple priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of the English language and the ones spoken within the operational areas (Acholi).
- Outstanding communications, writing, and research skills and willingness to transect places
- Confidence and can-do attitude; ability to advance projects with minimal supervision.
How To Apply for DanChurchAid Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application/cover letter accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae to:
The Human Resource
Only Hand-delivered Applications will be accepted.
Deadline: 20 August 2020