Job Title: 2 Graduate Trainees (Environmental Management) – UBOS Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda, Vacancy Code: GTEM X001
Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) Uganda Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for- profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab &Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
In order to remain compliant with the national and international environmental trends and legislations, the Institute is interested in engaging an environmental management consultant to assist in the review of environmental practices and development of the Institute’s environmental policy. The Consultant will be assisted by two environmental management graduate trainees.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support the development and dissemination of an environmental policy that is compliant with the national and international environmental standards
• Collate and document all environmental practices in the institute and inform and recommend improvements to existing environmental practices and strategies.
• Set up and monitor systems and design tools for environmental audits to monitor the Institutes compliance to environmental practices and policies in line with national guidelines and with minimum partner funder requirements
• Set up and maintain systems (including assignment of responsibility) for investigation of
• environmental incidents in the institute and develop corrective action plans.
• Set up and maintain systems for routine and non-routine environmental performance reports
• Develop a brief (2 slide) introduction to environmental policy in IDI for staff orientation purposes
Subscribe to Blog via Email
• A bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental management or any other related field.
• A good knowledge of environmental trends and legislations.
• Should have graduated at most, one year ago
• Good written communication skills
• Computer literate
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to email@example.com
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases institute |Dl Knowledge Centre,
Makerere University Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
- Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one PDF document.
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
- Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 4th, September 2020 at 5pm