Job Title: 25 Mapping Assistants – UBOS Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Duty Station: Kampala
Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) Profile:
Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is seeking for dynamic, competent, self-motivated, result oriented, and good team players of good character and high integrity to fill the following positions on the Census 2022. The individuals should be willing to spend considerable days away from home on mapping exercise and capable of walking comfortably throughout rural villages in the country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out map updating work;
- List households according to their administrative locations;
- Demarcate Census Enumeration Areas according to field mapping guidelines;
- Digitize the mapping data collected from the field returns;
- Complete field return forms at all times as required;
- Take care of project equipment and materials under the team’s custody;
- Carry out other duties as required by the Team Leader.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A Diploma in Cartography OR A Certificate in GIS Applications (e.g. ArcGIS Desktop, Building Geo-databases, GIS Fundamentals, Advanced GIS, Web Mapping, Mobile Mapping, etc);
- Willing to spend considerable days away from home on mapping exercise under field conditions;
- Young and energetic persons capable of walking throughout rural village environments for most of the days (not more than 30 years of age);
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet and GIS application software is a pre-requisite.
- Good knowledge of Statistics.
- Experience in data collection, data management and report writing
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge and appreciation of statistical techniques including their application especially STATA and Excel
- Good computer skills in Ms Excel, Ms Word, STATA, SPSS.
How To Apply For UBOS Uganda Jobs 2020
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application/cover letter accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae through the link below:
All applicants must attach relevant soft copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF copies maximum 10MB).
Deadline: 21st September 2020 at 5pm