Job Title: Administration Assistant – Amref Health Africa Jobs 2020
Organization: Amref Health Africa
Duty Station: Mbale and Kalangala, Uganda
Amref Health Africa Uganda Profile:
Amref Health Africa is an international African organization founded in Kenya in 1957. Our Headquarters are in Nairobi with major programmes in Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda, and two regional hubs in Southern and Western Africa based in South Africa and Senegal respectively. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to health. Amref Health Africa is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities. Our Vision is Lasting Health Change in Africa.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for safety and cleanliness of the office premises
- Support the process of receiving and distributing items from respective users as well as stock management
- Organize the store to ensure that it is kept clean all the time.
- Maintain records pertaining to stores issues ensuring the availability of various up-to-date databases.
- Organize, update and file office documents
- Responsible for the front desk
- Maintain records pertaining to vehicle usage, inventory/assets ensuring the availability of various up-to-date databases.
- Monitor the usage of office equipment and arrange for servicing/maintenance accordingly.
- Responsible for the day to day planning of vehicle use ensuring that vehicles are used cost-effectively and that log books are well maintained.
- Issue out fuel, monitor the filling of vehicles and ensure accurate records
- Manage office imprest and ensure payments are made in accordance with Amref procedures and regulations
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- The ideal candidate for the Administration Assistant job placement must hold a Diploma in Business Studies/Business Administration or related Secretarial training.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a related job
- Good record management and working knowledge and experience using MS office is a must
- Experience handling stores management.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills
- Ethical, transparent and very trustworthy with a high sense of responsibility and initiative
- Must be able to make sound decision in compliance to organization policies and procedures
- Have experience working in the job location. A resident of the job location is preferred.
How To Apply for Amref Health Uganda Jobs 2020:
All candidates should send an updated CV including three work-related referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Business Partner, Amref Health Africa in Uganda to firstname.lastname@example.org Emails should not exceed 2MB.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding at the workplace and does not tolerate any form of abuse, discrimination or harassment.
Deadline: 11th December 2020