Job Title: Livelihood Officer (General Food Assistance) – WVU Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Location: West Nile
World Vision Uganda (WVU) Profile:
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Project implementation and reporting
- Provide expertise and technical assistance in agronomy and agribusiness, climate smart agriculture, marketing, IGA, DRR and environment management.
- Take lead in Resilience and Livelihood planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of progress.
- Mobilize and facilitate the engagements of stakeholders during planning and development meetings, workshops and other fora.
- Identify local level partners and support/ facilitate the partners in the implementation of planned activities
Community engagement and advocacy
- Take overall lead in the coordination of field level activities
- Ensure Small holder farmers groups are mobilized, organized and strengthened into strong business groups/cooperatives (rural producer cooperatives, marketing cooperatives, Savings groups/Savings and Credit Cooperatives) for bulk purchase of inputs, value addition, bulking and collective marketing of produce
- Develop the farmer’s capacity to improve production and productivity of selected enterprises of desired quality by the market through demonstrations to farmer’s
- Establish and follow up demonstrations to facilitate production and productivity among the farmers
- Minimum of a degree in agriculture or agribusiness or forestry or any other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in community work and engagement in Agricultural, Environment, Economic Development and Livelihood
- Experience of the local context of West Nile is an added advantage
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliability and dependable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
- Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s) is and added advantage
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required
How To Apply for WVU Uganda Jobs 2021:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email their applications online via the link below:
Deadline: 29th January 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.