Job Title: Livelihood Assistant – WVU Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Location: West Nile (1)
World Vision Uganda (WVU) Profile:
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Provide expertise and technical assistance in agronomy and agribusiness, climate smart agriculture, marketing, IGA, DRR and Natural Resource Management.
- Promote the use of modern farming practice and techniques through training, advising farmers, farm visits and demonstrations so as to transform targeted families from subsistence to commercial farmers in line with GoU policy.
- Provide technical advice and support on enterprise development initiatives with high environmental integrity.
- Identify and promote local innovations through adaptive research among farmers in response to climate change in their communities.
- Established demonstration plots to act as learning and multiplication sites for farmer groups
- Participatory selection of beneficiaries, prioritization of income generating activities, life skills awareness raising, and capacity building of the groups.
- Identify technical capacity and challenges for beneficiaries, skills and knowledge they have in agronomy, business development and income generating activities.
- Train beneficiaries on community self-help methodologies, including group governance and leadership, rapid appraisal of income generating activities.
- Ensure timely procurement of and delivery of right quality and quantity of farmer inputs.
- Promote Resilience and Livelihoods programme model for faster adoption of improved farming technologies towards building secure livelihoods for the marginal poor.
Community engagement and advocacy
- Conduct awareness on IGA activities among communities and local leaders.
- Link farmer groups to government and other partners to access additional social services
- Facilitate community awareness campaigns on climate change impacts and the adaptation and mitigation measures
- Promote community adoption and production of improved energy saving cooking stove
- Facilitate and link beneficiaries to economic development and income generating activities.
- Make sure there is balanced gender representation amongst beneficiaries and leaders.
- Assist in solving any conflicts within group members.
Stakeholders Engagement, Networking and Collaboration
- Maintaining effective coordination and working relations with donors and other relevant stakeholders at field level
- Mobilize and facilitate engagements of stakeholders during planning meetings, workshops and implementation.
- Network and collaborate with District Local Government, OPM, UNHCR and other relevant stakeholders in the Program Area.
- Liaise with Resilience and Livelihood Specialist for all decisions related to livelihoods, and carry out other duties as may be assigned.
Documentation, Reporting and knowledge management
- Conduct regular follow up visits to farmer groups, and their IGAs, and to members to see if they are applying the practices, and provide technical advice and mentoring.
- Track progress of the farmer groups and keep records.
- Carry out quarterly meetings with beneficiary groups to assess performance at the community and project level.
- Facilitate data collection from farmer groups, and manage the information flow in the M&E (LEAP) database
- Support the preparation of farmer groups own monitoring plans.
- Consolidate and compile monthly and quarterly reports, inclusive of success stories and lessons learnt.
Child Protection and Wellbeing
- Monitor the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report any incidents in line with child protection policy and guidelines.
- Work with local leaders to protect children from child violations and abuses
- Sensitize children including most vulnerable children.
- Minimum of Diploma in Agriculture or Agribusiness or Forestry or any other relevant discipline.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with vulnerable communities and familiarity with humanitarian programming and implementation
- Experience in greenhouse and nursery management, climate smart agriculture, microfinance, entrepreneurship and enterprise development is an added advantage
- Experienced facilitator and trainer, with training material development skills.
- Experience of data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Strong leadership, organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, innovativeness, creativity, reliability and dependable
- Team player, Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision;
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with valid driving/riding license
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English. Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s) is an added advantage
How To Apply for WVU Uganda Jobs 2021:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email their applications online via the link below:
Deadline: 29th January 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.