Job Title: Statistician – UBOS Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) Profile:
The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi—autonomous body established by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics Act, 1998, to promote the production of reliable official statistics and ensure the development and maintenance of the National Statistical System (NSS). The mandate of the Bureau is the production, coordination and dissemination of official statistics.
The Bureau intends to conduct The National Service Delivery Survey (NSIDS) 2021- It is therefore seeking to recruit highly competent, motivated, results oriented, dynamic, team players of good character and high integrity to carry out the survey.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Compile external trade statistics based on the internationally recommended practices, underpinned by the EUROTRACE software
- Profile other existing trade statistical data required for having external sector statistics complete, identify existing data gaps and sources and recommend robust method of addressing the inadequacies
- Compile Annual and quarterly Central Government Finance Statistics.
- Participate in data collection, capturing, editing for the General Government/ public sector
- Compile the Supply and Use Tables, Rebase GDP and develop working files
- Regularly update the Annual GDP working files established; analyze the collected data and compute expenditure on GDP estimates.
- Compile and analyse the Satellite Accounts for specific thematic areas particularly the Non Profit Institutions economic accounts.
- Compile and process timely construction sector indices and prepare press release
- Compile production data for manufactured products for construction
- Produce quarterly statistical reports
- Support the development and review of strategic plans for LGs, MDAs and Training Institutions
- Organize Inter agency performance reviews
- Compile and maintain a list of development indicators for the National Statistical System
- Prepare Bi-annual reviews and documentation of progress in statistical development
- At least an Honors Degree in Bachelor of Statistics, BSc. Economics with Statistics, BSc Mathematics and Economics, BSc. Quantitative Economics, or Business Statistics.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Statistical packages
- Either a minimum of 2 years working experience in statistical related work after attaining the undergraduate degree, OR a post-graduate degree in related discipline.
- Detailed knowledge of statistical data and information sources within the public and private domain
- Analytical and writing skills and data management skills
- Excellent inter-personal relations and communication skills
- Working knowledge of computer applications and statistical packages
- High team building and decision-making skills
- An appreciation of quality assurance will be of added advantage.
- Capacity to coordinate, mobilize and develop partnerships
- High ethics, integrity and practice of professionalism
- Ability to lead and motivate a professional team in your jurisdiction to focus on results-oriented performance
How To Apply for the UBOS Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit your application, detailed CV online at:
Deadline: 19 February 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.