UN RSCE Uganda Jobs 2021 – A Level Property Management Assistant
Job Title: Property Management Assistant – UN RSCE Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe
Job Location: Entebbe, Uganda
United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE) Profile:
The United Nations Regional Service Centre in Entebbe (RCSE) is United Nations Peacekeeping office based in Entebbe, Uganda that provides services, such as administrative, logistics and information and communications technology to various United Nations missions, primarily those located in East and Central Africa
This position is located within the Property Disposal Unit at the United Nations Entebbe
Support Base (UNESB). The Property Management Assistant will report to the Chief of Unit
Within the delegated authority, the Property Management Assistant is responsible for participation in various phases of the physical and electronic verification of assets within the mission. The Property Management Assistant assists the supervisor in efficient management, accountability of property control in accordance with UN Regulations and Rules, Manuals and relevant guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Assists in receiving all deliveries of mission supplies;
• Assists in conducting physical inspections and quality control of mission United Nations Property to ensure that all items are accounted for and in specified condition;
• Assists in identifying anomalies and/or discrepancies and the details thereof, or any other reason for rejection and record in Damage Discrepancy Reports (DDR), posted on the system and presented to the Commodity Managers, Procurement for immediate action;
• Assist in preparing items recommended for sale in lots;
• Conducts disposal action for items approved for destruction, cannibalization and direct disposal;
• Assists in maintaining accurate and auditable property records in electronic inventory management system for property control and accountability in line with the administrative instructions, guidelines, manuals and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
• Updates all physical verification records and data entry in the Umoja system;
• Assists in the execution of contracts for the disposal of property and supplies including all types of waste material;
• Assists the supervisor in dealing with the Commodity Managers for preparation of equipment write-offs and processing of write-off cases through relevant property survey boards;
• Assists in the preparation of statistical and trend analysis on United Nations properties;
• Performs other duties, as required.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of property
management, inventory control, logistics, procurement, or other related fields is required. Experience working in the UN Peacekeeping environment is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post
advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Skills: Good computer skills, including Word Processing and Excel is required. Knowledge in
SAP/Umoja and/or Business Object Applications is desirable.
How To Apply for UN RSCE Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates who meet the requirements should send your application at the link below.
Deadline: 21st March 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.