Job Title: Youth and Gender Officer Job – Focus Africa Jobs
Organization: Focus Africa
Duty Station: Kampala
Focus Africa Profile:
Focus Africa is a leading non-governmental organization (NGO) committed to addressing African development and policy issues by working in partnership with African people to build sustainable, healthy and productive communities.
Focus Africa designs projects with participatory appraisals. What does that mean? Focus Africa staff, most of whom are community members themselves, work with each community to identify what development difficulties they face and what local resources are available to achieve solutions. In addition to national and corporate leaders, we consult with traditional and religious leaders when designing projects, and we react to local feedback as projects progress. We contract local companies to carry out certain project tasks, such as the construction of a community library, so local firms earn the experience and the income.
The Youth and Gender Officer will be responsible for developing gender mainstreaming strategies, policies and creating gender awareness while developing gender initiatives that would position Focus Africa as a gender-friendly environment.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure Focus Africa has in place policies that provide for equal opportunities for all genders in areas of recruitment, training, promotions, remuneration, participation in committees, travel etc without any discrimination.
- Develop affirmative action plans that ensure Focus Africa is a leading organization in fulling constitutional requirement in the matter of gender representation.
- Ensure Focus Africa has policies that create an enabling working environment for all genders taking care of special needs of any particular group
- Plan, develop and implement programs and activities that promote gender affairs in Focus Africa
- Prepare periodic management reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) on gender affairs
- Collect data and maintain the database on various matters of interest on gender affairs companywide
- Source external financing for Gender activities and programme
- Establish and maintain partnerships with governmental agencies on gender affairs, NGOs and other organizations that promote gender affairs
- Offer advice to management on gender affairs
- Perform any other duties allocated by Management from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Social work, Sociology or other related disciplines.
- Practical experience in writing business plans for gender mainstreaming
- Practical experience in writing proposals and report writing.
How To Apply to Focus Africa Jobs
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 17th March 2021 by 5 pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.