Job Title: 2 Program Assistants – NUWODU Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: National Union of Women with Disabilities of Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
National Union of Women with Disabilities of Uganda Profile:
National Union of Women with Disabilities of Uganda (NUWODU) is an indigenous women led Disabled Peoples Organization. It is an umbrella Organization that was formed in 1999 with the overall purpose of bringing together all categories of girls and women with disabilities including the physically, sensory and mentally impaired women.
NUWODU provides a strong voice for a common cause, particularly to defend, protect and promote the rights and advocate for equal opportunities for Women and Girls with Disabilities.
NUWODU works to advance the Equality, Empowerment and the Rights of Women and Girls with Disabilities in development programs.
The holder of this position will support the Strengthening Partnerships for Preparedness and Response project. She/he will provide finance, administrative and secretarial support to the West Nile Offices. She/he will participate in drawing of periodic work plans/budgets-in relation to the set targets, account for all the project funds and ensure proper utilization of project assets and equipment. Develop a database of contact information; maintain distribution lists for various kinds of project communication and schedule all project meetings; attend and take minutes as appropriate in collaboration with the Kampala office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Program Assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of all activities in a timely manner.
- Mobilize and form Groups of women and girls with disabilities and their households to beneﬁt from the livelihood component.
- Collect data, document and report on women and girls with disabilities.
- Develop and strengthen institutions of women with Disabilities‘ Association at the district level to be functional and effective including registration process where it warrants.
- Support the groups formed to come up with action plans and guide them in the implementation.
- Train women and girls with disabilities.
- Report and document cases of violence, discrimination against women and girls with disabilities in the region.
- Coordinate with Government and other stakeholders to address the issues of women and girls with disabilities.
- Link the women with disability’s groups to beneﬁt from government programs and other programs available in the region
- Work closely with sub-county, district ofﬁcials and the partner to deliver the intervention.
- Produce timely progress and ﬁnancial report to the immediate supervisor.
- The Program Assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of all activities in a timely manner.
- The Program Assistant must possess a Diploma in the following ﬁelds, Development Studies, Social Work and Administration, Social Science, Adult and Community Psychology, Gender and Community Development, Disability studies and other related Humanities from Reputable Institutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant ﬁeld will be added advantage.
- The Job Holder must have at least 2- 3 years working experience in project management and Implementation, Report Writing, monitoring and evaluation and resource mobilization.
- Knowledgeable in Gender and Disability issues.
- Experienced in working with women and persons with disabilities.
- Able to deliver results effectively with minimum supervision, ability and willingness to learn.
- Able to document results, lessons and best practices out of interventions.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have a good track record in ﬁnancial management, accountability and reporting.
- Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage.
How To Apply for NUWODU Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send a motivation letter and detailed 2-3 page Curriculum Vitae with three professional referees addressed and submitted by hand or via email to the address below:
Chairperson Personnel Committee,
National Union of Women with Disabilities of Uganda
Plot 2015 Kisaasi- Kyanja Road,
P.0 Box 24891 Kampala- Uganda.
OR send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: NUWODU is an equal opportunity organization, and qualified women and girls with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 12th March 2021 at 5:00Pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.