Job Title: Logistics Officer – Kiira Motors Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Kiira Motors Corporation
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Manufacturing Systems Manager
Salary Scale: K6
Kiira Motors Corporation Profile:
Kiira Motors Corporation (KMC) is a State Enterprise established to Champion Value Addition in the Domestic Automotive Industry for Job Creation and Diversification of the Ugandan Economy as a Key Growth Area in Line with Vision 2040. The Equity Partners are the Government of the Republic of Uganda represented by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (96%) and Makerere University (4%).
The Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation is Mandated to Establish the Governance and Management Structures of KMC and Provide Policy Guidance and Oversight to the Nascent Automotive Industry in Uganda.
The government of the Republic of Uganda is Cognisant that the Market Entry Strategy is Assembly of Vehicles and Technology Transfer with Reputable Automotive Manufacturer(s) and Progressive Enhancement of the Domestic Value Added in the Automotive Industry through exploring Sustainable Multi-Sectoral Backward, Forward and Lateral Linkages with Mineral, Agriculture, Industry, ICT, and Transport Sectors for Local Content Participation.
The government in April 2018 Approved the Roadmap for the Kiira Vehicle Plant. The government allocated 100 Acres of land at the Jinja Industrial and Business Park for the Kiira Vehicle Plant and a Seed Fund as Capitalisation for the Construction of the Kiira Vehicle Plant Start-Up Facilities; Purchase of Start-Up Plant Machinery, Equipment and Tools; and Start-Up Operational Capital.
The Logistics Officer shall be responsible for transporting, storing and delivery of goods coming into and out of the Kiira Vehicle Plant facilities. This will include plant Machinery equipment and tools, Vehicle Production Parts and Materials, Finished Products etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with forwarding and clearing agencies to facilitate the clearing operation of the shipments from the ports;
- Prepare, maintain, and update the custom exemption list for all material (Raw Materials, Spare parts, etc.) in coordination with the Procurement and Disposal Unit;
- Arranging transportation (after clearance) of shipments from within and without the country;
- Check and receive the consignment from different stations for storage in appropriate places
- Load, unload, and move materials within or near the plant, yard, worksite, from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand;
- Read and interpret work order or follow oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved;
- Load materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools;
- Convey materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, wheelbarrow, or other devices;
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist, or signals crane or hoisting operators to move the load to destination;
- Clean work area, machines, and equipment using brooms, rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators;
- Make simple adjustments or repairs, such as realigning belts or replacing rollers, using hand tools;
- Occasionally operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Manufacturing Systems Manager
Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Logistics Management, Transportation; Industrial Engineering or Related Field from a recognized Institution;
At least a Graduate Membership to a Relevant Professional Body is a Minimum Requirement
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of logistics operations and practices (such as Placing Orders, Transportation, Clearing & Forwarding; warehousing and Distribution);
- Customer Service Skills:
- Ethics and integrity
- Concern for results;
- Listening and effective Communication skills
- Time Management
How To Apply for Kiira Motors Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 12th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.