Job Title: Medical Officer – Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Marie Stopes Uganda
Duty Station: Marie stopes Hospital
Reports to: Hospital Manager
Marie Stopes Uganda Profile
Marie Stopes International exists to bring quality family planning and reproductive healthcare to the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people. We’ve been delivering family planning, safe abortion, and maternal health services for over 35 years. Millions of women worldwide turn to us for help each year, whether in limiting the size of their families, or avoiding dangerous complications in pregnancy or unsafe abortion.
Reporting to the Hospital Manager, the purpose of this role is to deliver high quality reproductive health, medical, surgical, peadiatric and family planning and counselling services. To be actively involved in patient care, available and accessible for consultation and liaison with other hospital units. To provide evidence based health care with an aim of obtaining the best possible outcomes whilst promoting and maintaining client focus. He /She should competently manage clients/ patients (both out-patient and in-patients) who seek care at Marie Stopes Hospital (MSH) with the most common obstetrical, gynaecological, medical, surgical and paediatric conditions. He/She should promptly consult the specialist in cases of emergency or challenging conditions. To refer patients appropriately and timely.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensure standards and compliance with set hospital protocols and standards
• Providing the basic obstetrical, gynacological and paediatric services to clients/patients at the Marie Stopes Hospital
• Providing general medical and surgical care of clients/patients at the Marie Stopes Hospital.
• Offering ongoing health and development assessment and advice to clients/patients.
• Admitting, reviewing, discharging and regularly following up patients in relation to the Marie Stopes hospital policies and guidelines.
• Giving correct prescription of suitable medication and other treatment for the diagnosed conditions.
• Assessing the urgency and severity of presenting problems through history taking, examination and investigation.
• Consulting the relevant specialist in a timely and appropriate manner concerning challenging patients and/or medical /surgical/obstetrical and pediatric situations.
• Assisting and working with the specialists in the care and management of patients with special/challenging conditions
• Recommending or undertaking relevant treatment options, including patient referral to appropriate health facilities
• Carrying out health education, counseling and information provision about how to improve health and prevent disease
• Ensure complete and proper documentation and record keeping of client clinical notes and charts
• Effectively communicate issues concerning patient/client care putting into consideration the maintenance of privacy and confidentiality at all levels
• Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor(s)
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery or its equivalent from a recognized University or Institution
• Must be registered with the Medical and Dental Practitioners Council with a valid practicing licence
• Fluent English; both Oral and Written.
• Working experience of 3 years and above as a medical officer in a recognized hospital
How To Apply for Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2021
To apply for the positions, Please submit your application and CV to email@example.com
Deadline: 15th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.