Job Title: No Experience Communications Intern – SNV Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: SNV Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
SNV Uganda Profile:
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy, and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
As our programme in Uganda continues to grow, we are looking for a dynamic, energetic intern who is eager to learn about the CRAFT project by assisting with various communication tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the identification and documentation processes in the countries, especially Uganda.
- Design, produce and edit content and storylines for visual, audio, and social media.
- Undertake field visits and participate in planning, writing, and managing information updates, activity briefs, and other information products (media content – photos and stories) for partners, and stakeholders as requested.
- Participate in media monitoring and sourcing for impact story tips for partner activities
- Assist with reporting of learning events
- Support in maintaining and updating the CRAFT social media sites and or write copy of posts
- Assist in the production of press releases, and promotional materials.
- Editorial support
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics
- Part of team to plan and deliver communication campaigns and high-profile events i.e., national, and international conferences, seminars, and workshops aimed at boosting the visibility of CRAFT project, and increasing engagement with partners and stakeholders
- Track, research and analyze information on assigned topics/issues, gather information from diverse sources and help to assess news value and other potential impact, as well as to evaluate the effectiveness of information campaigns.
- General administrative and communications support as assigned
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager
- A university Degree in public relations, communication, journalism, or marketing
- A final year student or fresh graduate who has completed or is currently taking two or more writing for public relations courses
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Possess the ability to accurately follow directions
- Have a high degree of organization and self-motivation
- Have an ability to multitask
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge in CSA practices
- Eager to learn and work with various teams.
- Experience with online and social media communication strategies
- The ability to act as an effective and efficient team player.
- Willingness to travel.
How To Apply for SNV Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 23rd April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.