Job Title: Pharmacy Dispenser – Lifelink Hospital Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Lifelink Hospital Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Pharmacist
Lifelink Hospital Uganda Profile
LifeLink Medical Group is a private medical establishment, initially founded as Lifelink Medical Centre in 2008 with a goal of bringing superior but affordable medical services, closer to the people. Currently running a hospital in Namugongo, and an urban clinic in Ntinda, LifeLink offers both general and specialist health services in a sparkly, friendly and well-‐supervised environment. We collaborate with Insurance providers, companies, Ministry of Health, and NGOs among others, to deliver competitive healthcare and medical services to the Ugandan population. Since 2008, we’ve handled a wide range of cases, cutting across the various healthcare disciplines. We have learned to adapt; constantly upgrading the team, machinery and facilities, whenever necessary.
To perform a variety of laboratory tests by following the correct procedures to assist in diagnosing, monitoring, treating and preventing disease.
Roles and Responsibilities:
To dispense drugs as required by patients.
- Assessing drug supplies and medical needs of the pharmacy
- Making daily pharmacy requisitions for drugs from main store which are running out of stock or which are required by patients or other departments served by pharmacy.
- Receiving stock into the pharmacy by ensuring the right drugs, quality, quantity, and batch are received in addition to other requirements as per national drug authority requirement.
- Ensuring drugs are correctly arranged on shelves according to their classification and FEFO rule.
- Daily dusting of drugs, shelves and ensuring a clean working environment.
- Ensuring a daily record of temperature for the cold chain items.
- Filling of patient prescriptions both insurance and out patients. Proper filing of insurance forms and ensuring the right drug is given to the right insurance company.
- Giving right drug information to patients while dispensing of drugs for example, side effects, contraindications, frequency on when to take medications, precautions to be taken and any relevant information regarding the drugs taken.
- Ensuring all drugs sold out are posted in the system and transfers posted to the different departments served.
- Ensuring drug expiries are checked on a regular basis and every time a prescription is filled for a patient. Items with short expiry to be sorted out and dispensed first.
- Make a daily report on returned drug items, these must be in good shape and returned in the system in case they are not taken.
- Monthly pharmacy stocktaking.
- Monitoring of room temperature in pharmacy and making adjustments as required.
- Record any adverse effects reported about a drug and report to the pharmacist.
- Ensure drugs and medical supplies tally between the system stock balance and physical balance at all times.
- Able to receive and find solutions to patients’ feedback
- Be involved in pricing of products and drugs
- Participate in drafting time table for the pharmacy shifts.
- Share pharmacy reports.
- Education:Diploma, or a certificate from a recognized institution
- Experience:At least2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Licensure and/or Certification: Registration certificate from the Nurses and Midwives Council or from Allied Health Professionals Council, with an impressive track record.
Must have a valid Annual Practicing License
- Knowledge and Skills:Excellent Verbal and Written Skills, problem solving skills, good medical knowledge, and able to use basic computer software.
Experience in a leadership position is an added advantage.
- Behavioral Competencies:
a) Excellent organizational skills required
b) Ability to perform well under pressure
c) Excellent interpersonal skills using the team work concept
d) Careful and analytical approach to work
e) Sympathetic, supportive and professional approach to patients
f) Able to prioritize
g) Able to learn independently
- Detail oriented
- Possess physical stamina
- Creative and proactive
- High degree of integrity
- Good phone etiquette and public relations
How To Apply for Lifelink Hospital Uganda Jobs 2021
Deadline: 30th April 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.