Job Title: O-Level Enumerators – UBOS Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
No. of positions: 8,257
Job Ref: UBOS/NLC/E/21
Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) Profile:
The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) will be undertaking the National Livestock Census 2021 this year. The main objective of the National Livestock Census is to obtain a count of a country’s livestock and their associated characteristics. The National Livestock Census will be conducted from 17th May 2021 to 28th May 2021 in all districts in the country. It will involve door to door visits to all households with Livestock in Uganda.
The Chief Administrative Officers (CAOs) will coordinate the activities of the National Livestock Census at district level and will appoint Supervisors at District, Sub-county nd Parish level.
To ensure the conduct of the National Livestock Census 2021 (NLC), UBOS, through the respective Local Governments, is seeking to recruit highly competent, motivated, team players of good character and integrity to work as Enumerators. A total number of 8,257 enumerators will be recruited.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collect information on all livestock and their characteristics in the assigned Enumeration Area;
- Complete questionnaires correctly and according to the quality standards
- Ensure that all the Livestock Census materials/ equipment are properly handled, used and returned to the immediate Supervisor after the enumeration exercise is over
- Compile and submit summary of the livestock population figures for each Enumeration Area;
- Attend and participate in all training sessions;
- Perform any other functions for the Livestock Census which the immediate Supervisor may assign from time to time.
- Should have at least an “O” level Certificate and must have passed English and mathematics at “O” level
- Possession of an “A” level certificate will be added advantage
- Should preferably be resident in the Parish and have knowledge of the boundaries of the Parish;
- Should be Fluent in the main local language spoken in the area
- Must have a NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION CARD
- Must have a mobile telephone number registered in OWNER’S NAME for mobile money
- Must be of good conduct and responsible citizen;
- Must be available from 11th May to 31st May 2021
- Experience in data collection activities is an added advantage
Skills and other attributes
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Should be physically fit and able to walk long distances
How To Apply for UBOS Jobs 2021
All candidates for the position for the position of Enumerator for the National Livestock Census 2021 (NLC) jobs should send handwritten Applications (Hard Copies) bearing full residential and contact address (including mobile telephone numbers and email addresses where applicable) as well as photocopies of the required certificates.
The applications should indicate the Job Title, District, Subcounty, Parish/Ward/Village of Residence on top of the first page of the Application Letter.
All applications and testimonials should be submitted directly to the Chief Administrative Officer of the respective District.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. All tendered in documents shall be verified with the relevant authorities. Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 11th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.