Job Title: 10 Fresher Officer Science Laboratories – URA Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Job Location: Kampala
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Profile:
The Uganda Revenue Authority is a government revenue collection agency established by the Parliament of Uganda. Operating under the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development, the URA is responsible for enforcing, assessing, collecting, and accounting for the various taxes imposed in Uganda.
The Officer Science Laboratories will carry out scientific analysis of goods, input-output coefficients and disposals of items in order to enable proper tax assessment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out scientific analysis of goods to facilitate proper tax assessment
- Perform risk analysis on specified products in order to conduct scientific analysis
- Liaise with station heads to draw the samples, study and understand the case details
- Receive the samples and record in the register and maintain a chain of custody
- Determine the test parameters and come up with the appropriate method for analysis
- Consign samples to external laboratories in cases where analysis cannot be carried out internally and also for comparability
- Prepare samples, carry out analysis and document the results
- Prepare an interpretation report of the analysis and submit to the line supervisor for review
Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Officer Science Laboratories job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology or laboratory Science
- Knowledge of ISO Standard 17025, Guidelines for competence for testing and calibration laboratories, Laboratory Quality manual, Standard operating procedures on disposals & IOCs
- Knowledge of the Harmonized System code, East African Community Customs Management Act, Tax Investigations Manual, Tax laws and any other related laws
- The job holder must demonstrate ability of building and working with teams
- S/he should have good interpersonal skills
- S/he should have good reporting skills
- The incumbent should have good communication skills
- S/he should have demonstrated analytical and problem solving ability and ability to work under pressure and tight schedules
- The job holder must be person of high level of integrity, quick learner and high sense of judgment
- Training in ISO17425, Laboratory practices, operation of analytical instruments, scientific data analysis and interpretation, method validation, safety techniques
- Experience in laboratory analysis and related activities
How To Apply for URA Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 15th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.